Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinex hacked, ~$70M stolen - page 3. (Read 406 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1836
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 12, 2023, 12:09:53 PM
The news has not been confirmed yet. I have been working on Coinex for years, but I do not trade on a daily basis. When I heard the news, I logged into my account and there did not seem to be anything strange, not even an announcement about hacking.

I also went to the official Twitter account of Coinex. There is no news about hacking either, the exchange website is working normally so far and nothing strange.

We have to wait for an official confirmation or denial from Coinex.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
September 12, 2023, 12:06:30 PM
That's bad news I'm using Coinex to trade and transfer some coins from Viabtc to Coinex.

I tried to contact them just now and it's confirmed that they having some issues all withdraw and deposit is currently suspended.

I asked them about the news and this is what they said.
We have not received an official report confirming this issue
Please be patient until the issue is fully investigated and an official announcement is published in this regard
In any case, the first priority of CoinEx is the security of users' assets
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
September 12, 2023, 11:42:47 AM
The last one was Staked.com. Although Stake is not an exchange but a gambling site, but it is still centralized and holding customers fund on hot wallet which makes them vulnerable to the hack. Centralized exchanges that have been hacked before are because of the hot wallet that they are using.

Not good to hold coins on exchanges. If $18 million worth of coins  is stolen from the exchange, it is not going to be easy.

Edit: I do not know how true this is, that more coins are stolen. That $27.8 million in ether, tron and polygon has been stolen.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
September 12, 2023, 11:27:28 AM
Another day, another hack and it time seems like its Coinex turn. Still waiting for the official confirmation from Coinex though, for which will probably take some time.

Edit: iunfortunately it has been confirmed, hack indeed happened https://twitter.com/coinexcom/status/1701651414991397176

https://twitter.com/CyversAlerts/status/1701601111273263550?s=20
Pages:
Jump to: