Pages:
Author

Topic: •••• COINICHIWA • DICE • SINCE 2014 • INVEST • NEW DARK THEME •••• - page 25. (Read 32782 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Site bankroll started at 10 BTC and now its 5.xx. How in the world did someone manage to wipe out 40% of the roll with 1% kelly active? Bug?

Not sure what happened, but Eric did mention the site was messed up and he was playing with positive EV earlier.

BTW I just made ~0.04 on your site by playing with +EV. I didn't even use the affiliate scheme, which could've got me an extra 0.1%.  Can you see what you messed up? Hint: My username is `toString`
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Wow, I think yesterday this site was in profit.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 502
i like the name of the site, and it looks alright. a bit simple for my tastes but not bad. Is there any plans to upgrade the auto roll to be able to martingale or other strats?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Faucet is :0.00000100 @@

100satoshi balance after you registered. faucet is 700 satoshis
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Ace of ♠♠♠♠
Congratulations on you new dice site. Smiley
Activity: 868
I agree with whatever dooglus said...
Activity: 826
Can I ask again, what is the meaning of this.

$seed = $serverSeed . '-' . $clientSeed . '-' . $incrementalNonce;

especially this symbol " . '-' ."

thanks again
Activity: 826
What is the meaning of this?

$lucky = hexdec(substr($seed,0,8)
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Acc bought - used solely for signature testing
Site bankroll started at 10 BTC and now its 5.xx. How in the world did someone manage to wipe out 40% of the roll with 1% kelly active? Bug?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Ok, i must confess that is true for the first bet of a series and i will implement the seed-hash display in advance... but that still does not make a difference for the choice of the hashing algorithm for this purpose  Tongue
/Sigh.  It really does. Just use sha256 and we can all be happy.

Most dice sites use hashes in two distinct ways:

1) to prove to you that they picked your server seed before you picked your client seed and didn't change it after
2) to generate the roll from the seeds and the nonce

It seems this site isn't doing (1) at all. It is (1) that needs a secure hash, because otherwise they can find a pair of server seeds with the same weak hash, show you the weak hash, and only after your first roll do they need to decide which of the two to use.

The hash used in (2) isn't so important - it doesn't need to be secure against collisions at all. Just so long as it gives unpredictable output if you only know part of the input.

As for all the talk about finding hash collisions (in (2)), you seem to be missing the point. In order for this site to cheat, they don't need to find two things that hash to the same long output. They only need to find two things which generate the same roll, which is a 1-in-10000 chance, and so much easier than finding a true hash collision. So on my first roll, the site can literally pick any server seed they like and make me lose. On my 2nd roll, they need to test an average of 10,000 server seeds to find one that gives the same 1st roll, and so will just a 100k hashes they can expect to find a server seed that makes me lose my 2nd bet as well.

For the 3rd bet it's harder, because there's only a 1 in 10^8 chance of finding a server seed which gives me the first two rolls I've already seen, and so the site will need to so around 200 million hashes to have a good chance of making me lose my 3rd 50% bet.

(and it gets 10^4 times harder each following roll - so players should roll 10 times for dust before playing "for real")

I guess I'm just repeating what Eric said, and to which you replied "I have no idea what you are talking about". Maybe I've put it in a way that you can understand?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Why more dice...?

Bitcoin users want something new, we have too much dice now, we need new options.
I feel like dice is a cool concept, but every dice site has the EXACT same concept with really minor tweaks, so a new dice game would be cool, because they are very simple.
It would have to have a whole different concept than the basic 49.5x2 though
Activity: 882
Merit: 595
any chance we can get faster bets?

any promos?

no faucet?

That site have faucet just type in chat /freecoins
Activity: 434
any chance we can get faster bets?

any promos?

no faucet?
legendary
Activity: 1008
GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC
Why more dice...?

Bitcoin users want something new, we have too much dice now, we need new options.

So, Why don't you create a new option? Don't expect everything from developers.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3067
Why more dice...?

Activity: 313
i ♥ coinichiwa
Ok, i must confess that is true for the first bet of a series and i will implement the seed-hash display in advance... but that still does not make a difference for the choice of the hashing algorithm for this purpose  Tongue

Anyways thank you  Smiley
i ♥ coinichiwa
This looks challenging, I'm no md5 expert and wouldn't know how to generate such a collision. However, to break the provably fair you only need to demonstrate:

Code:
md5([32characters]-[10characters]-1) == md5([other32characters]-[10characters]-1) 

The server seed is the same for the whole series. If I manage to find a collision for one bet and manipulate that single bet it will be obvious after revealing that the one bet with a different server seed is manipulated. You actually need to demonstrate this for all bets of a series and you cant even demonstrate it for two and it is pretty hard to find even one collision.

Anyways... showing a hash of the server seed before is a good idea. I will implement this.
i ♥ coinichiwa
You're the most sort of dangerous: arrogant and clueless. If you don't lose peoples money due to malice, I'm sure you'll manage to do so with incompetence. I was going to demonstrate a practical md5 hash collision for you on your site, but your misconceptions (regarding the series) are so entrenched that your site isn't even close to provably fair, as you don't even give a guarantee of you changing the server seed. You only need to make 10^4 sha1's per bet in the series to revert it. Which means practically you can pick the outcome for the first 10 or so bets after someone changes their client seed.

Anyway, you might want to gloss over the wikipedia article on md5. And if you're still not convinced, download hashclash or something. And when you're done, check out how every other dice site proves they don't change the server-seed, and follow suite -- you obviously don't have the skills or understanding to deviate from the norm.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Server seed only changes if the user changes his client seed and it keeps the same until the user choses a new one.

Now come on give me only one concrete example for this instead of unjustifiable discrediting me:

md5([32characters]-[10characters]-1) == md5([other32characters]-[10characters]-1) &&
md5([32characters]-[10characters]-2) == md5([other32characters]-[10characters]-2)

OR

sha1([32characters]-[10characters]-1) == sha1([other32characters]-[10characters]-1) &&
sha1([32characters]-[10characters]-2) == sha1([other32characters]-[10characters]-2)
legendary
Activity: 997
Merit: 1002
Gamdom.com
@ComboChris + @holderbert:
Golden gambling principle #1 is: don't play with more money than you are willing to lose and at this stage I'm not willing to risk more.

@Bobblehead Pete:
Site is ~1 day old... but I also operate another gambling site for over a year now.

I dont know, the low bankroll looks verry unprofessional to me
Pages:
Jump to: