Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap Changes - Broken the Trust of the Crypto Community? - page 5. (Read 1051 times)

Activity: 680
Merit: 255
Coinmacketcap is still a reliable site although it is now in Binance's hands. Bad projects have been removed and people have a better grip on the market.
Besides coinmacketcap always always the fastest updates on the prices of currencies on the market.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
Rather than worry about the fact that the binance team own CMC, we should better concentrate on asking question as regard to what makes Binance top the exchange list. A lot of people regard Binance as the best trading platform in the world. Not because of their numerous active traders that offer great liquidity when trading on the platform but the way they have shape the believe of many people about cryptocurrencies. If they have taken the same energy and commitment in addressing the issue for fake volumes and scam token issue on CMC which also makes their platform (Binance) to top the list, I do not think they break my trust because that is what I have been expecting to happen to CMC after they bought it. They have previously gather research from individuals that visit their platform through survey to get information about developing the platform and I believe this led to the recent ranking and other updates. 
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
It changes CMC to be a better MCAP site than before it has already acquired by binance. It looks like the crap exchange site has already eliminated from the top rank of CMC. That's not broken the trust of the crypto community but that brings a better change for sure.
I still trust Coinmarketcap, I've been using it ever since together with Coingecko, I could never last a week without looking at this two for comparison, I don't mind the exchange ranking as long as they show the right and real-time price of all the coins in their database.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
What? I didn´t see anything diffrent comparing to the old Coinmarketcap website, even they are no Binance advertisements on the website, so for me it looks still independent.
Activity: 1655
Merit: 600
I didn't notice much of a change to be honest. Fake volumes reported by most of the exchanges are still being published on CoinMarketCap.

I think they still have a lot of work to do.
Activity: 252
Merit: 29
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Is this about binance making themselves the number 1 top exchange on coinmarketcap? If yes well other ranking websites have binance as the first too, check out coingecko for answers
Activity: 1932
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Well, even before CMC was doing untrustworthy moved just like advertising scam Ponzi projects through their ads. If CMC was changed their ranking metrics doesn't a problem. You can use different market monitoring if you don't like Coinsmarketcap, [ https://cryptoslate.com/top-10-coinmarketcap-alternatives/ ] --that was purely biased because BNB also gaining on CMC through the heavy traffic made and most crypto beginners used. Indeed, as BNB CEO said that " This ranking is currently heavily biased towards web traffic, not 100% accurate, but better than before. Will continue to iterate."
https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1260992403835506689
Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
It changes CMC to be a better MCAP site than before it has already acquired by binance. It looks like the crap exchange site has already eliminated from the top rank of CMC. That's not broken the trust of the crypto community but that brings a better change for sure.
Activity: 278
Merit: 11
Hello everyone,

Recently, CoinMarketCap changed it's ranking system in regards to crypto exchanges, by some sort of miracle Binance (who bought the Website 6 weeks ago for a rumoured $400 million) is top.

What does everyone think about this? Has it broken your trust in regards to CMC being unbiased? Will you stop using their system? Or are you fine with another company investing to grow their reach?

I wrote an in depth article about the situation, my own personal feelings and what can be done if we want to change this. You can check it out below, would be great if I got some feedback on it!

https://www.publish0x.com/crypto-101/coinmarketcap-changes-marketing-ploy-via-binance-or-an-impro-xlllxme?a=GELe3POa69

Also, if you are interested the blog is written on a crypto blogging platform, where you can log in, upvote articles and earn crypto for free for doing so. Currently you can earn BAT, DAI and LRC. There are over 100k users on this platform and it is growing every day, I believe it will soo take over Steemit as the biggest blogging platform.

You can sign up through the article / link above if you want to join the platform.

*Edit - since writing this article, CoinMarketCap has changed their rating system, which now punishes Binance's competitors. Below is the link to the second part of the article.

https://www.publish0x.com/crypto-101/the-coinmarketcap-binance-conundrum-rises-again-pt-2-xgdlomv?a=GELe3POa69

What do you think about the recent updates?
Pages:
Jump to: