Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinmarketcap hack leaked 3.1 million emails! - page 4. (Read 617 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
I have a way to create an email without my real name or phone number included, or to use proton mail which is not centralised like others. But about Coinmarketcap, I have nothing doing on the site than to check price, I do not have portfolio on the site because I did not want to register even with email, but the site is still accessible without email but many people do not know about this because it will bring up email for login after the app is opened, but can be bypassed. I use it without email, only that I will not be able to track coins and have portfolios which I do not have agenda of having.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
If you have account at Coinmarketcap (that is owned by Binance exchange btw) you should think about changing email address and use new unique password, because of the hack that happened on October 12 that leaked 3,117,548 email addresses!
Consider that email address you used for CMC account is now compromised, don't be surprised if you start to receive some spam and scam emails, so you should not use it anymore.

Coinmarketcap confirmed that hack happened and today they released blog post claiming that there was no password exploits, but only email addresses and they still don't know exact cause of the hack.
https://coinmarketcap.com/alexandria/article/good-security-habits

Report from haveibeenpwned website:
During October 2021, 3.1 million email addresses with accounts on the cryptocurrency market capitalisation website CoinMarketCap were discovered being traded on hacking forums. Whilst the email addresses were found to correlate with CoinMarketCap accounts, it's unclear precisely how they were obtained. CoinMarketCap has provided the following statement on the data: "CoinMarketCap has become aware that batches of data have shown up online purporting to be a list of user accounts. While the data lists we have seen are only email addresses (no passwords), we have found a correlation with our subscriber base. We have not found any evidence of a data leak from our own servers — we are actively investigating this issue and will update our subscribers as soon as we have any new information."

Breach date: 12 October 2021
Date added to HIBP: 22 October 2021
Compromised accounts: 3,117,548
Compromised data: Email addresses
https://haveibeenpwned.com/PwnedWebsites#CoinMarketCap
Pages:
Jump to: