Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinplate - a new, ultra durable Seed Phrase Backup solution - page 2. (Read 616 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
I was following many stainless steel products for bitcointalk seed phrase backup, and I didn't find your plate being tested by Jameson Lopp, so maybe you should send him your plate for testing:
It would be great to see your product added to Lopp's list. Given that it is 304 stainless steel, I would expect it to hold up very well. Here is the Blockplate test for comparison (https://jlopp.github.io/metal-bitcoin-storage-reviews/reviews/blockplate/), and your product is almost twice as thick.

From some discussion i've seen, some Bitcoiner have security/privacy concern when buying goods related to cryptocurrency. Can you tell us how long your store user data?
I went digging on the website, and I found this:

We are obliged by law (GDPR) to delete all your personal information on your request. You can add this request to the notes in checkout - we will delete all your information after the return period ends (30 days from delivery). Remember that you can also request this any time by e-mail.

I understand you are based in the EU, but goes this also apply to non-EU customers who are ordering from you?
Activity: 16
Merit: 68
Thanks for your interest. The product I offer is much easier to use than making your own with stamps and washers. If you pick Coinplate ALPHA or GRID You don't have to swing a hammer at stamps and risk injury. You can start right away after receiving the parcel and do your backup in few minutes, because you have everything you need in the box.

Will ask Jameson Lopp to make a stress test of my products, hopefully, he would agree. The product is quite new on the market so probably not many people have heard about it before.

All products are made in Poland, European Union and are shipped from there as well.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
If you like the idea, enjoy -20% discount code: BITCOINTALK
That is cool discount for bitcointalk members and I think price is ok for your product when compared to other similar products.
I prefer using stainless steel washers instead of metal plates, because they are cheaper and can be purchased anywhere locally.
I was following many stainless steel products for bitcointalk seed phrase backup, and I didn't find your plate being tested by Jameson Lopp, so maybe you should send him your plate for testing:
https://jlopp.github.io/metal-bitcoin-storage-reviews/

If you have questions, feel free to ask here.
I see that shipping is free for orders over $100, but I was wondering are you shipping your plates from Europe, Poland or from other countries?
Activity: 16
Merit: 68
    Hello everyone!
I would like to share with you the project, that I’ve been working on for the past few months – the ultra-durable seed phrase backup – Coinplate.
I hope you would like it and could provide me with feedback about the products and offerings.

TLDR:
-   Coinplate is a new ultra-durable seed phrase backup;
-   Seed phrase is protected inside by two 5 mm (3/16”) thick steel plates, bolted together;
-   100% Stainless Steel (AISI 304);
-   Deep engraving ;
-   No permanent branding – easily removable logo sticker;
-   Mounting holes so you can hide it anywhere;
-   Two marking methods available:
        a. with an automatic center punch tool (center punch included);
        b. with stamps and hammer or electric engraver, stamps and engraver are also available;
-   BIP39 compatible, 24 words capacity;
-   Prices start at $65,
     value packs available;
-   If you like the idea, enjoy -20% discount code: BITCOINTALK
     (valid for first 10 customers)     I’ll also put some nice gift in the box for you guys;
-   Free worldwide shipping from 100$;

product video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qGpz2UuG00

Cheers!

_______
Long version:

The story:
My family’s business is making nameplates and other metal products for heavy industry like mining equipment, wind farms, train engines etc. We have quite a bit of experience in making heavy-duty plates with durable markings that have to survive harsh conditions.

I’m also a cryptocurrency enthusiast and I’ve seen that the most popular seed phrase backups are quite flimsy and expensive at the same time. This is why I have thought about making something more durable, at the same price or cheaper. I also wanted to bundle everything you need in the box, so you could start right away with making your backup.

I’ve spent the past few months making the website and perfecting the manufacturing process. In the meantime, I got some customers that enjoyed the product so I expanded the delivery option from Europe to worldwide.  In the coming days I will also update the website with new photos and how-to videos. Wanted to spread the word a bit here, looking also for feedback and suggestions.

About the products:
All Coinplates are 100% made of Stainless Steel (1.4301 | AISI 304) which guarantees that they’re water and corrosion resistant. It is also fireproof up to temperature around 1.300°C/2.400°F, while house fires reach up to 850°C/1.500°F.  This grade of stainless is also corrosion and rust-resistant.  I’ll publish some stress tests videos in the coming days/weeks. My private stress tests show that it can take a lot of beating. I’ll try to ask Jameson Lopp to perform his own stress tests as well.

Coinplate backups are made of 2 ultra-thick stainless steel plates joined with stainless bolts. Each steel plate is 3/16" | 5mm thick, forming together a steel sandwich to protect your seed phrase. Bolts are also AISI 304 Stainless Steel and are 5mm | 3/16” in diameter. The layout and lettering are deep engraved in steel. This guarantees seed phrase visibility even after the worst accidents or disasters.  

Coinplate steel wallets are almost 3 pounds (2.8lb | 1.3kg), making them quite solid. All of this might be a bit too much for everyday situations, but I like to be sure that my seed phrase is secure, and I wanted for others to feel safe too.

There are 3 products available at the moment:

1.   Coinplate ALPHA - $79 – Easiest to use.  Two engraved steel plates with separate spacing for each letter. Marking with an automatic center punch.
Included in the box: Automatic center punch, marker pen, torx wrench, tamper-proof stickers, wood screws.

2.   Coinplate GRID - $69 – More affordable choice.  Two engraved steel plates with a table.  Marking with an automatic center punch.
Included in the box: Automatic center punch, marker pen, torx wrench, tamper-proof stickers, wood screws.

3.   Coinplate PUNCH - $65 – Punch your own seed. Two plates with engraved spacing for words. Mark your seed phrase with letter punch stamps and hammer or use electric engraver.
Included in the box: marker pen, torx wrench, tamper-proof stickers, marker pen, wood screws. Set of letter and number stamps available for extra $15, electric engraver available for extra $20. [/li][/list]

https://getcoinplate.com/

Three and five pieces value packs are available for ALPHA and GRID.

Everything is made in-house, so personalization is possible if you would like so.

If you have questions, feel free to ask here.
You can also take a look at FAQ section at my website: https://getcoinplate.com/en_US/i/FAQ/13, use a chat there or e-mail me.

If you read all of this – thank you! I would like to wish everyone here a great day.
I've been reading the forum for quite some time already, but never contributed in the past.
Cheers!

Pages:
Jump to: