Pages:
Author

Topic: Cointerra's history of fraud, lies, and deceit - page 2. (Read 3920 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Warning to all noobs reading this thread. icetard is a tard! Just ignore him and move along!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Please stay on topic:
I'm on topic.

Cointerra: Let it's customers switch among batches.
Hashfast: did not. Batch 1 customers paid 15$/GH and the MPP is just a BS thrown around to make it look less of a robbery of what it actually is.

@HF, i know that you are reading, and i would like to give you a free advice. Paying Icebreaker simply will not work. It could have worked if you didn't have my money, but you have stolen from me, and i'm making it a personal goal to correct all of the false marketing you continuously throw around in the forum. (i've tried to file a compilant with adwords, without success...).
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Well, i guess that i need to open the HashFast topic.

HashFast never allowed me to switch from batch 1 to batch 2 (when a few weeks after my purchase it was offered at one third the price i paid). John looked at me like an alien when i asked. Cointerra allowed their customers to do so.

Please stay on topic:

I split off a bunch of OT hashfast stuff into https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hashfast-troll-fest-split-from-the-cointerra-thread-372651

Sorry about that. Can you all please keep this thread on the subject of CoinTerra?  Some comparative mention of the competition is inevitable and fine, but if your messages are not PRIMARILY about CoinTerra thats not okay.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Well, i guess that i need to open the HashFast topic.

HashFast never allowed me to switch from batch 1 to batch 2 (when a few weeks after my purchase it was offered at one third the price i paid). John looked at me like an alien when i asked. Cointerra allowed their customers to do so.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Despite not having completed their chip's design, Cointerra took in millions of dollars for non-existent hardware to be delivered in December 2013.

The only reason people paid such an enormous premium for this slickly-marketed but imaginary vaporware was the key selling point of "December" delivery.

TerraMiner IV will ship in December this year and retails for $15,750.

Cointerra intentionally downplayed their massive design problems to keep customers buying:

We are indeed on track for our delivery times. Mock tape-out was performed and our tape out is very near. The community can expect more information soon as we get closer to production.

Ill take your claims of shipping in december with at least the same amount of salt I took with HF's october claims and KnC's september claims. Lets just hope we dont need butterfly quantities of salt.

Depending on how much information you supply for the mock-tape out there does not have to be a significant time laps between mock tape-out, tape-out and production.

You can expect tape-out announcement soon and we are indeed still on time table for our production.

Significant payments made to fab to expedite process from usual 90+ days to 65 days.

Systems expected to begin shipping to customers, Mid December.

Even after the fact they botched their tape-out became public knowledge, Cointerra continued to lie and state "expected" shipping dates that were no longer possible to achieve.

Instead of being honest and offering full refunds, Cointerra hid behind weasel words like "expected" and blew smoke up our asses by yammering about some magical "expedited process."

Any updates on this?  If they don't tape out soon there's no way the December units are going to ROI.  What's with the complete lack of updates?

The mock-tape out is already made and we will be taping out shortly. Everyone can expect reports closer together in the near future as we get closer to chip production and other major events. We are still very much on track for our presented delivery time.

Most shameful of all is the fact that Cointerra hasn't posted the bad news using their official account, much less updated their OP to reflect their failure to deliver.

It fell to a new accounts with <20 posts to relay the 'guess what, chips are late' message, albeit cloaked in a load of rubbish and happy talk then buried on pages 52 and 54 of very long thread:

I spoke with "Peter" on the phone last Friday (December 6th) and he said that the first deliveries will be pushed back 7-10 days...so I doubt anyone will receive anything this year.

DATELINE 12/10/2013: AUSTIN, TX.

The fabout of the first wafers for the GoldStrike™ I is scheduled to occur on December 17th

Does anyone actually believe Cointerra only found out they'd blown their "mid-Dec" deadline on Dec 10th?

Or is it more reasonable to assume Cointerra already knew for a while they couldn't ship until Jan/Feb before letting their customers know?

Pages:
Jump to: