Pages:
Author

Topic: Cold Storage Coins company.. legit or potential scam?! - page 2. (Read 807 times)

Activity: 1113
Merit: 265
Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next
Despite the legal troubles of Joby Weeks, I think the company makes good wallets and they have worked for me. Their main distribution strategy seems to sell through retailers versus them being the sole retailer. They are often on Amazon for example.

The legal issues are another venture and it Seems pretty bad, including the severity of  charges against the other people prosecuted with him.
Activity: 1113
Merit: 265
Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next
Activity: 1717
Merit: 190
X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader
Years back, probably in 2017 or 2018 I used one to store .5 BTC for about a year a so. Redeemed with no issues.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
I used 5 coins to store. As presents. No issues. Claimed 3.
But the glue behind the Holo can be hard to get of so you can scan. And if you use too much force the QR fade.
Cheap. Not the best.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I wanted to finally discuss this company here as I have felt for a couple years now that there is something very fishy/odd going on with them.  As many of you know I am pretty nerdy when it comes to these collectibles as well as have exposed/helped expose quite a few scam companies over the years and this company has followed many patters I have seen before from those types of companies. Yesterday I was doing a search for coins on facebook, because I'm a nerd, and I ran in to this scammy feeling advertisement from "Coin Empire" that is as you can see spewing lies and offering the always legitimate "referral program" where you can make money by helping them sell their coins.. https://fb.watch/6Zhxvr1_wo/   "The first physical bitcoin for the masses, practically guaranteed to make millionaires from home".  Wait, didn't you guys create cold storage coins about 3-4 years ago?!

So here is their "main" website .. https://coldstoragecoins.com/index.html .   They also own and run this site where they sell them there as well.. https://hotco.co/search?type=product%2Carticle%2Cpage&q=bitcoin  ( so now that's 3 sites/companies ) .  Notice they are also the reseller of Roman Booteens replicas.  Why do I bring this up? When they first listed his replica coins for sale they provided a good bit of detail, and mintage numbers..you'll notice now there are no mintage numbers listed anymore.  Even more, the last time I was on the website it showed that all the replicas were sold out and now they aren't?  Huh   Then I ask myself why are they using a multitude of sites/companies to sell their products?  On some of the sites coins are "sold out" and others they aren't.  I had wondered why aren't they producing more of the sold out coins like Potcoin when it sold out relatively quickly AND they told me a year or maybe even two ago that they would be restocking them very soon.  Then I saw the "Coin Empire" advertisement, where they state you will be able to buy them there.

I have contacted this company a multitude of times and never once received anything but very odd/shady service. They posted on their Instagram account about two years ago a new bitcoin coin and said it could be purchased at the Heads or Tails website. I told them I searched the entire site and couldn't find it, their response was "I'm currently flying, but when I land I'll send you the link for it".  So if they are communicating with me via instagram messenger while flying, then why on earth couldn't they take two seconds to go on their own website and grab the link for a potential customer.  It sure didn't shock me that they never got back to me, as they had done so at least 3-4 times in the past with other questions I had.  

They also told me once that they are the original company who designed the MJB coins (does anyone know if they ever had a website where they sold those 1 gram silver coins and the ugly circuit board coins?).  So if that is true, they obviously know this space well, so why are they saying that their cold storage coins are the first of their kind on the Coin Empire site, when they've sold these coins on at least 5 other sites for several years...of course as you can see, more lies.  

Edit: They stole the famous circuit board design from Mick/MJB Momentary Metals, claim that it is their design, and have been profiting off of it ever since.  Mick hasn't made a dime off of the design.  Very unfortunate for MJB.  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=23256.240

Another website they utilized to sell their coins- https://www.jmbullion.com/search/?q=cold ... I understand using them to help sell their coins, but why not have these in stock on their own sites at all?  None of this makes any sense.  I also know I've seen them offer these coins on one or two other sites but I can't seem to find them at the moment.

I just wanted to get this all off my chest so that others can become aware of their actions and know that if they do buy these coins, please for the love of god never fund them.   I also wanted to ask if anyone else had ever had any odd or shady dealings with them as well?  Clearly something is not adding up here, I just cant fully put my finger on what their angel is exactly quite yet.  Maybe some Mr Robot could do some website research and perhaps there is pattern to spread their potential risk across multiple countries/companies.  If I was a betting man I would put a good chunk of coin down on the likelihood that they will try and exit scam eventually.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd bet against that. I'd also rather be wrong and no one ever gets scammed, but just in case I'm right, maybe I can save a couple people from a potential scam.  

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts/experiences..

Edit: I have just discovered that their main site  https://coldstoragecoins.com/index.html seems to have disabled the pages where you can see product reviews.  I remember reading a couple reviews a month or two ago where some people had pretty serious issues with the coins but I can't remember exactly what they were, I know one had something to do with the hologram being breached or something to that extent. just to add yet another sign of what I believe to be a scam operation of sorts in it's entirety.
Pages:
Jump to: