Pages:
Author

Topic: Commercialization of MH370 search efforts - page 2. (Read 1388 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Do we need to spend any more money on this? It is almost 100% certain that none of the passengers survived the flight. And already the various governments have spend a large amount of money to locate the black box, without any success. May be it is time to end all this.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
This is simply the government agencies involved throwing in the towel after months of fruitless searches and wanting to stop $$ from leaking out of their pockets.

But at the same time, they needed an honorable way to retreat. They can't say "oh, we have decided to stop the search." So this is their exit plan. Just pool together a small sum of money together and push the responsibility to someone else.

I don't think one single private contractor can search better than the combined efforts of so many governments.
Well, it is certainly a correct step...
Private sector is undoubtedly expensive compared to the government sector but then it is more efficient and quick..
At the government level, there are certain guidelines and a hell lot of rules which need to be strictly followed, and thus, officers are unable to give their best...

I suppose private contractors do a better job and come out with some new findings in regard to MH-370..
Activity: 364
This is simply the government agencies involved throwing in the towel after months of fruitless searches and wanting to stop $$ from leaking out of their pockets.

But at the same time, they needed an honorable way to retreat. They can't say "oh, we have decided to stop the search." So this is their exit plan. Just pool together a small sum of money together and push the responsibility to someone else.

I don't think one single private contractor can search better than the combined efforts of so many governments.
Activity: 350
I say: Why not? The private sector has always been known as being more efficient and creative than government sectors. And given how ineffective the search by government agencies has been so far, maybe it's time to give someone else a try.
Activity: 364

Hi everyone! I trust that you all are familiar with the details about the tragic disappearance of MH370. Sad I saw this article today:

"SYDNEY—Authorities will open up the hunt for Malaysia Airlines to private contractors next week, with the launch of a public tender that could take two months to complete, a person familiar with the search said.

Malaysian, Chinese and Australian authorities are seeking a single contractor to coordinate an expanded undersea search of a remote patch of the Indian Ocean covering 60,000 square kilometers (23,000 square miles). The successful bidder will be responsible for bringing together ships, crew and technology to look for the missing jetliner, the person said.

The tender documents will outline basic information, including the area to be explored, the money available and the expected time frame for the search. However, private contractors will be free to devise their own strategies to find the plane for the money made available, the person said."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10...42652.html

What do you think about the Australian government offering the search effort to private contractors?

Do you trust that private contractors will do the job better than government agencies? Or do you think that they are profit seeking agencies that are more concerned about making money and will not make the best use of the money provided to them or try to prolong the search efforts?
Pages:
Jump to: