Pages:
Author

Topic: Common Cryptocurrency Scams and How to Avoid Them - page 2. (Read 319 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
As long as you can always be careful while you use the internet, you can avoid the scammers because you know that not all information will be true, and you need to search for more details to know the real story. Sometimes the scammers and the hackers will try to send you email, text messages, or even they will call you to give an offer or warn you about something. If you didn't do it, you can skip or delete their email and don't even think to try to follow what they want because that will makes you get scam.

The list that you give is a trick from the scammers that are trying to scam you, but you don't have to worry with them because they will not succeed to trick you if you know how to avoid it.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
It's literally easy to see scams tbh. If the opposite party asks you to "give" them money and wait for a month to see the "returns" of your investment, that's already a red flag. Even indulging on the idea of "earning" money just by doing something like referrals is already a red flag for me imo. I avidly avoid such situations especially if the opposite party was someone I met over the internet. Also for impostor websites, you can try looking up the url links in simplywhois.com to test for information about the site. Really helpful in identifying those scam sites that were just made to scam others.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 116
This is a good highlight as regard crypto currency scam across the universe.
But there is always a single solution, do your own research.

If you see an exciting offer, promising huge $, dyor and check for official sources, that's the fastest eay to debunk scams.
Avoid freebies, and do not click any activation link on your email.

Activity: 742
Merit: 160
Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ether and hundreds more are a hot commodity in online trading, and it’s possible for a smart investor to make a big profit. But the prospect of quick riches can blind some people to the risks and enable crooks to lure them into scams.

If you receive message like this, do not entertain them:
*Someone you don’t know sends you a message out of the blue about a virtual currency investment opportunity.
- Do not believe to strangers, do not believe if he messages you out of nowhere and asking you to join some currency investment because most of the time scammers use investments websites to scam people, they will ask you to put some of your money and will promise to give you something in return then nothing happens.
*The pitch claims that a virtual currency investment involves no risk and surefire profits.
- Always remember that there is no legit investment websites that has no risk if you receive something like that, do not believe because that is scam for sure. Always remember that if you invest you should know that you are taking a risk and you should invest only you afford to lose.

4 Common Cryptocurrency Scams
1. Imposter websites - There are so many fake websites you can find through the internet, even though the website seems like an original website as what you are thinking and if you don't see any "http" on the URL, think twice, because an original website always has "http". Always double check the URL do not be contented on doing copy pasting, make double checking.
2. Fake Mobile Apps - One trick of the hackers and scammers is creating fake mobile apps, most of this are related to cryptocurrency, I'd been used a cryptocurrency application that I can earn money but the truth is not because they ask you to put first a specific amount of bitcoin before you proceed to the program of the application.
3. Bad Tweets and Other Social Media Updates - if you are following a famous person, you should make sure that it is his or her legit account because there are times that they will offer something and because of being fame people are tend to believe.
4. Scamming Emails - Even if it looks exactly like an email you received from a legitimate cryptocurrency company, take care before investing your digital currency. Always make reviews when trying some websites to assure yourself that you are visiting the real website.
For more information read this: https://www.kaspersky.com/resource-center/definitions/cryptocurrency-scams
Pages:
Jump to: