Pages:
Author

Topic: Community Blacklisting -- Establishing the Infection to Govern Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 6840 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
The Church of Satoshi and Latter Day Coins does not approve.
legendary
Activity: 1611
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Reserving my Happy spot in an epic thread.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
So when can we expect The Chronicles of Satosh?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I guess the question I really wanted an answer to here... Is Satoshi the antichrist? - Because it could still be Gavin or Ver or someone like that. Can there be multiple antichrists given there's not much reason there couldn't be multiple anti-popes similar to Orthodox kingdoms each having their own Patriarch? Okay, so these must represent the directors of the Satosh Administrative Districts. Each one represents the anti-government (government being infallible; God). So the SADs (SADists?!!!) are pretty much Satan's Army.

Basically, I think we need to burn everyone important alive to prevent the Muslims from re-taking Jerusalem. Or the Jews need to hold Jerusalem.... something about the water levels decreasing and two guys spitting fire out of their mouths at heathens, which I think is a metaphor for the cool new drones the USG has purchased. Not very familiar with Zionism & Christian end-times, tbh... but there are flamethrower drones in the Bible, right?

ppfffffchhzzsczzhrrr! That's the sound I imagine they make. (I guess they were made by a Polish or Hungarian company)

Ahhh! Ahhh! Help me, the administrative bureaucracy of the formerly-decentralized monetary system is burning me alive! (that person was made in America!)

Dammit... I wish I could draw.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Reserving my spot in an epic thread.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
A large group of people believe SDice transactions are bad. They recognize there will probably be similar organizations. In their infinite benevolence, they volunteer to launch a service providing pools and individuals with blacklists to prevent bad things being entered into the blockchain. We'll call this service "Community Blacklist."

Community Blacklist is accepted appreciatively by many TH/s within the community, and within a short span of time, comprises of ~1/2 the entire network. At this point, the Satoshi Shogunate (he was annoyed >80% of "his" blocks were being taken up by gambling) controlling Community Blacklist realize they can do more than just stop bad things from happening.

A VC works with the Satoshi Shogunate ("Satosh") and provides them with $250k in funding. Only Satosh and the VC knew, at that point, what the money was for. Satosh begins providing $1,000/%TotalNetworkHashrate/month to pools which use Community Blacklist software. Community Blacklist (henceforth known also as "Satosh") has now infected 95% of the network, given pools can now comfortably offer significantly more money than solo-mining.

Satosh goes to a meeting with SDice execs and suggests they pay 30% of profits. In exchange, Satosh is willing to allow SDice back onto the blockchain. SDice, having endured a month of unsuccessfully attempting to convert to an "internal" model where people must send BTC to personal addresses tied to their username on SD servers, wait for confirmation, then manually withdraw if they haven't lost everything, agrees, and Satosh has its first revenue stream, granted by the mighty authority provisioned by control of the monetary system. Satosh is publicly praised by the media for establishing the Global Bitcoin Users Agreement, creating punitive fines for all socially unacceptable behavior the blockchain is used for.

Satosh, showing its lethality, quickly evolves. Due to the blockchain being so horribly bloated, Satosh has decided a new scheduling system must be put in place for the good of the network. For the majority of the day on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, only "VIP transactions" will be processed, and all pools infected with Satosh must switch to using whitelists instead of blacklists. For 10% of monthly profits (certainly, the Satosh IRS will verify), businesses are entitled to enjoy uninterrupted transfer service on the blockchain.

Naturally, the Bitcoin community whines, but certainly no free marketeer would denounce greed, and so Satosh ups their offering to pools... $5,000/%TotalNetworkHashrate/month.

Things run fine for months, but eventually, the time comes for Satosh to secure a stranglehold. Monday-Friday are declared Days of Business, and only those willing to pay a flat 15% tx fee will be permitted. The "VIP transaction" schedule now includes every day of the week, and for all but 4 hours of the day, only those paying 25% of profits to Satosh will be allowed to have transactions processed on the blockchain. To ensure miners stay on board, Satosh now offers $20,000/%TotalNetworkHashrate/month, doling out a shocking $2m/month to pools, too much for anyone with large sums invested to protest. Bitcoin has finally succeeded on a massive scale.

On the first anniversary of Satosh, a 70gb file is pushed to pools. Henceforth, only whitelisted addresses may utilize Bitcoin. All addresses must be tied to registered entities, and all transactions must be explained in detail to Satosh. Users, of course, must agree to the inhuman (if only in length) agreement to be registered as a Certified Bitcoin User. If someone commits a crime, they're bankrupted until they make amends. Poof -- it's the voluntary world government we all crave, with more resources at their disposal than the USSR, China, and US combined! What a magical victory for individualism on Earth! ... Except then God sends a poisonous meteor to Earth, you have those plagues, and the wars and whatever. Tongue

ETA: Oops. I forgot we refer to the USSR as the old Empire of Russia again, because nothing says "reformed" like going back and forth between the titles of harsh occupational empires. Oh, well... Probably no Rurikovich jumped off his horse (riding bareback) to strangle bears to death for sport, and in the past century, they've become an anti-imperialist empire after losing almost all traditional feudal territory, which is possibly even more progressive than US Senators renouncing constitutionalism.
Pages:
Jump to: