Pages:
Author

Topic: Community still believes in Ethereum 2.0 despite scaling challenges - page 2. (Read 287 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Ok let's say give Ethereum the benefit of the doubt here. It looks like they're really working very hard on this project of them (ETH 2.0) to bring back the confidence of investors and hope that the price could go on another boost after the released next year. And let's see if it will really solved their scaling issue, I mean ETH is still quite fast today, but they want to improved it because of so many competitions out there. But for those who thinks that it will bring back the 2017 glory days of altcoin, I doubt it, this is just a small steps to just shows the the people behind this project is still doing and keep it active because they really know that other crypto are hot on their tail and future ICO/IEO would choose other platforms to run their projects on mainnet not name Ethereum.
Activity: 315
Merit: 103
The more interesting thing is can you do 99% of Ethereum's REAL use-cases (so no kitties crap or World of Warcraft or real-time poker on top of the blockchain) without scalability issues and security nightmare which Ethereum contracts are. This problem is definitely a billion dollar problem (maybe more considering ETH marketcap). I think we in Ergo are about solving the problem, the basic contracts in Ergo are defined in the special WP https://ergoplatform.org/docs/ErgoScript.pdf, which has some follow-ups:  https://ergoplatform.org/docs/AdvancedErgoScriptTutorial.pdf and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3FlM_WOwBU (paper: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-31500-9_16 )
Activity: 1442
Merit: 265
Basically Eth 2.0 is coming to solve scaling issues, i believe that if these upgrades result in faster and cheaper transactions on eth network in a smooth manner irrespective of amount of transactions then it will be a huge success and we will see Eth value flying as well, technically eth is already placed nicely for a big bull run but i think it just needs that super fundamental push and im sure the wait for eth supporters and holders is not long now before we hear the slogans of to the moon yet again.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
The community was very excited about Ethereum's Constantinople hard fork, and we thought after the fork, Ethereum and other's altcoin price will be in the bull run, but nothing mentionable happened that time. So, I don't think Ethereum's 2.0 can boost the whole altcoins market into a bull run, Ethereum has no power to move the crypto market, only Bitcoin has. After the 2.0 upgrade, the Ethereum price can go for a little jump and we can hope for good.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
ETH is in decline and it's keeping value by the inertion from the endless ICO's.

A few months ago I started courses on how to create DAPPs. While it's much more easiest to make a DAPP for Ethereum, the user base /the targeted base/ is moved to Tron and EOS.
IMO ETH 2.0, if ever starts, will not bring the necessary energy to stop this decline.
Activity: 633
Merit: 11

My apologies to the ETH fans out there, but I couldn't resist the temptation.
A lot of people say that sharding is unsolvable. It's interesting to see how ETH 2.0 will solve the problem.
We have a lot of chain will solve the sharding like Elrond, For me ETH 2.0 will not affect the entire market and people pay attention because ETH 2.0 is so very fast than other blockchain. And I think its only for hype.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Community still believes in Ethereum 2.0 despite scaling challenges

At the 2019 Devcon in Japan, the Ethereum community was optimistic about the launch of the network’s second iteration, seemingly untouched by the latest controversy surrounding claims made by Ethereum’s founders about its inability to scale and grow.

https://cryptoslate.com/community-still-believes-in-ethereum-2-0-despite-scaling-challenges/

Oh yes, I think ETH 2.0 will really bring some positive vibes in the ecosystem. Lots of enthusiasts are waiting for this specially solving the scaling issue which Ethereum has been facing specially in the last two years or so. I believed that they really very serious in tackling it, that's why they are busy promoting this ETH 2.0.

What are your thoughts about this one? Do you think that we will see some bull run when ETH 2.0 are released early next year?

It's pretty biased to say the community supports ETH of course because the participants of that said ETH devcon are obviously fans of Ethereum. Despite this, i do still personally believe in ETH 2.0 and proof-of-stake and am quite confident it will be glorious once it is released.

ETH is definitely a huge BULL run in the making.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert

My apologies to the ETH fans out there, but I couldn't resist the temptation.
A lot of people say that sharding is unsolvable. It's interesting to see how ETH 2.0 will solve the problem.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
This is the last chance for ETH to make things better, because science 2017 there were absolutely nothing from Vitalik and his team. The last hardfork, was a garbage, that brought only disappointment and ETH 2.0 should help to fix this image.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
My thought is the ETH developer said some controversy before the launch of ETH 2.0 to create a drama and getting attention from the community. Afterward, they introduce the update to the community that solves the scalability and boosts the utility. As we can see, the biggest project ETH face right now is scalability and back then scalability was on their paper but then it got deleted. I assume they knew ETH will face the problem with its scalability and they have prepared it for today.

I do not know if the bull run will happen because of this but I am pretty sure ETH will get momentum because of this.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Ethereum will stay with us like litecoin. Even the purposes of litecoin like ASIC resistant kind of things had been nullified some long time back itself, it is one of the highly reputed crypto due to its fame like why it was created even it was criticized as a clone of bitcoins. Similarly, IEO and other crowd funding developments may bring no room for ethereum to grow more, it may stay attractive among investors just like another crypto to diversify their risks.

Ethereum 2.0 may not bring ICO to be active like in 2017. But, definitely may provide some positive vibes into crypto community. When some new revolutionary technology would be innovated like how ethereum was celebrated on its arrival, who knows ethereum may test again $1000 too.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Community still believes in Ethereum 2.0 despite scaling challenges

At the 2019 Devcon in Japan, the Ethereum community was optimistic about the launch of the network’s second iteration, seemingly untouched by the latest controversy surrounding claims made by Ethereum’s founders about its inability to scale and grow.

https://cryptoslate.com/community-still-believes-in-ethereum-2-0-despite-scaling-challenges/

Oh yes, I think ETH 2.0 will really bring some positive vibes in the ecosystem. Lots of enthusiasts are waiting for this specially solving the scaling issue which Ethereum has been facing specially in the last two years or so. I believed that they really very serious in tackling it, that's why they are busy promoting this ETH 2.0.

What are your thoughts about this one? Do you think that we will see some bull run when ETH 2.0 are released early next year?
Pages:
Jump to: