Pages:
Author

Topic: Comparing Military Capabilities of US/Russia/China - page 2. (Read 1537 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
morir es descansar
And also tactics has more lots to do when it comes to war. A brilliant general can command their army to the victory. No doubt us and russia have more experience on to real action.
Activity: 616
Comparing military capabilities is pretty pointless if you exclude missiles, nuclear and conventional. Also; having lots of gear isn´t enough, you also need motivated and capable manpower. The U.S. military is great at blowing up opponents that can´t really defend themselves. But that seems to be about it. They retreat in pretty good order from the ruins later, though.

So; I´d have to be doubtful that they´d have much success in conventional warfare against Russia and China.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Hi

I still think the usa has the best military in the world. It will still win against any nation. Not to forget it can surely rely on others for support, eg uk, australia etc

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
And I am not too sure about the capabilities of their aircraft carrier (Liaoning / Varyag).

You're right. I remember the news when it was commissioned. It's a training ship rebuilt from an old soviet hull. One of several china bought. If I'm not mistaken 1 or 2 more should be finished soon right? Indigenous, not just refitted. Don't know what their role will be though.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
China's manpower is amazing. Potential manpower that is. But they lag behind in technology. And training, research, combat experience, etc. Shows especially in airpower but other areas too. And they don't have ways to project their military power too far. Only one carrier. Not many transport aircraft considering the size of their military. And few personnel carriers. It will take some time before they can use their military effectively if they have to.

In the 21st century, having an infinite pool of potential soldiers will definitely give an advantage to a fighting side, but it will not guarantee a certain victory. But the big question is whether they have that advantage or not. Ageing has been a big problem with China recently, with their birth rate dipping below that of Russia. And I am not too sure about the capabilities of their aircraft carrier (Liaoning / Varyag).
Activity: 518
If we look at the current events happening WAR these days is not about to countries going head to head, The US will have the United Nations backing them although some will agree that the US has not always been right in there actions before, and should not have gone to war for certain reasons but for this instance if we take out the help of other counties and the right and wrong of what is transpiring at present the US would win but they will be swift they are now mastered tactical advantages with there current technology and they also have seasoned personal who are capable of moving quickly and accurately.
legendary
Activity: 1135
China's manpower is amazing. Potential manpower that is. But they lag behind in technology. And training, research, combat experience, etc. Shows especially in airpower but other areas too. And they don't have ways to project their military power too far. Only one carrier. Not many transport aircraft considering the size of their military. And few personnel carriers. It will take some time before they can use their military effectively if they have to.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Pages:
Jump to: