Pages:
Author

Topic: Comparison of Bitcoin and Ethereum - page 2. (Read 185 times)

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
October 12, 2021, 04:20:16 PM
Because Ethereum has better technology and smart contracts, I think the price may catch up with BTC in the future, what is your opinion Grin

No
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
October 12, 2021, 04:02:41 PM
The topic you're referring? from price aspect or tech aspect?

We all know for the price aspect, all-altcoin price is following bitcoin price because almost all pair trading activity is using "BTC" pair. If bitcoin not increase or gain momentum then the alt-coin will not increase, most factor why alt-coin can increase a thousand % is because bitcoin is gaining momentum.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 67
October 12, 2021, 01:59:03 PM
... I think the price may catch up with BTC in the future, what is your opinion Grin
I think you should keep your uninformed opinion to yourself until you read more about Bitcoin technology and the upcoming upgrades like what mk4 said. You were probably fed with information coming from NFT and yield farming token boys.

You should also keep in mind the supply when you talk about price.

My opinion on this matter is that they should not be compared in the first place. The use case of bitcoin and ethereum are different from each other. And both of them are needed in this market.

Also, this is not the first time that btc and eth are compared with each other, and I think there are more threads discussing about these top 2 currencies. Reading those old threads will already give you insights how both are significant to all crypto users.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-vs-ethereum-5281800
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-vs-eth-5311389
Activity: 1526
Merit: 412
October 12, 2021, 01:35:41 PM
... I think the price may catch up with BTC in the future, what is your opinion Grin
I think you should keep your uninformed opinion to yourself until you read more about Bitcoin technology and the upcoming upgrades like what mk4 said. You were probably fed with information coming from NFT and yield farming token boys.

You should also keep in mind the supply when you talk about price.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
October 12, 2021, 12:59:33 PM
Do you see Ethereum falls recent days when Bitcoin rises?

Ethereum would have not gotten a price from $3,000 to $4,000 if Bitcoin had not break the 2017 All time high and soared to $64,000 months ago.
If you look at the chart of BTC and ETH, you will see Bitcoin got its new all time high first. Ethereum followed Bitcoin and got its all time high later.

Dates of all time high: Bitcoin at 12 April; Ethereum at 10 May
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
October 12, 2021, 12:47:02 PM
Define "better technology"?

Bitcoin is mostly optimizing for privacy, fungibility, and efficiency in general with Schnorr/Taproot, while Ethereum is currently being worked on to move out of proof-of-work. Now, I'd like to know how you think Ethereum has "better technology" despite both assets going in different directions, and with both assets created for different purposes in the first place.
copper member
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Ukrainian, currently living in the United States
October 12, 2021, 12:25:32 PM
Because Ethereum has better technology and smart contracts, I think the price may catch up with BTC in the future, what is your opinion Grin
Pages:
Jump to: