Pages:
Author

Topic: Comparison of Marijuana-themed Coins - page 3. (Read 811 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 12
January 26, 2018, 02:04:25 PM
Logically, just like every cryptocurrency out there, this is an investment either for short or long term. Cryptocurrencies are popular right now because everyone sees them as a way to make money. The CannaSOS platform is trying to get rid of the word investment because it will most likely have a self-regulating platform that will minimize volatility of the token – so it won’t promise 1000% returns like Bitcoin. Of course logically the price will go up with more users, but this could be a good long term purchase.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
January 26, 2018, 11:58:36 AM
Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 5%

Top 5 changes: None

Development changes: None.

Though the total market cap for marijuana coins has gone down, not every coin is dropping. Most of the loss seems to be coming from the top 3 coins, especially HempCoin (THC). Meanwhile DopeCoin (DOPE) and CannabisCoin (CANN) have both seen increases in their market caps over the past week. The gains are small, but any sort of upward motion is welcome after the recent crypto bloodbath.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 02:18:28 PM
Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 36.5%

Marijuana coins followed the same trend as every other altcoin during Bitcoin's plunge below $10k; red everywhere. Once BTC started to level out once again they continued to follow the trend and most managed to start going green again. The coming weeks will be very interesting, especially once California and others start reporting income from their recent legalization.

I'm a bit behind on news updates at the moment. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to make sure everything is current.

Thanks for the updates. I'm not to keen on marijuana coins right now but it's still interesting to see how they grow. Might change my mind later.
January 19, 2018, 02:13:53 PM
Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 36.5%

Marijuana coins followed the same trend as every other altcoin during Bitcoin's plunge below $10k; red everywhere. Once BTC started to level out once again they continued to follow the trend and most managed to start going green again. The coming weeks will be very interesting, especially once California and others start reporting income from their recent legalization.

I'm a bit behind on news updates at the moment. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to make sure everything is current.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
January 12, 2018, 02:08:52 PM
Thanks for providing the great overview about cannabis based coins. I truly believe that since the legalization of recreational marijuana in California, more US states will follow and the value of Cannabis based Coins will definitely increase.
January 12, 2018, 02:06:42 PM
Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 15% (since January 10, 2018)

Top 5 changes: DOPE moves +1 to #4, CANN moves -1 to #5

When the market bleeds, marijuana coins bleed right along with it. Most of these coins saw their value go down right along with BTC's dip as many would expect. Tokes became the center of much speculation which resulted in enough gain to offset the losses and level out nearly 50% higher than where it had been the week before.

Project news updates will come later tonight.
January 10, 2018, 11:16:30 PM
anyone thinks this type of coins rly can go somewhere?
Absolutely. As detailed above, a few of these coins are developing partnerships and creating projects that will allow them to grow right alongside the legal cannabis industry. They're becoming spendable faster than even some of the overall top 10 coins.

But yes, some of them are shitcoins that will never amount to anything, just like 99% of altcoins in general.
Activity: 154
Merit: 25
January 10, 2018, 11:13:28 PM
I guess, I'm going to buy some POT coins for sure.
Activity: 18
January 10, 2018, 11:06:49 PM
anyone thinks this type of coins rly can go somewhere?
January 10, 2018, 11:05:41 PM
Just added Paragon, an ETH token that currently holds the #3 spot for market cap. Total market cap adjusted tonight, further updates will take place on Friday as scheduled.

Total market cap change: Up 31%
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
January 06, 2018, 02:47:05 PM
Great post,ive been holding the marijuana family coin,so far it gave me a decent amount of profit gains planning to add more btc to support these group of coin.
Activity: 84
January 06, 2018, 02:16:16 PM
I like the PotCoin, I'm thinking of buying some of them.
January 06, 2018, 02:09:49 PM
Great work putting this topic together OP, you've clearly put a lot of work into this and the information presented is very useful to have in one place.
Thanks for the kind words, I was a bit worried this list was just going to immediately fall into obscurity so I'm glad someone appreciates it! Grin

Regardless of attention though I do plan to keep updating on a weekly basis. I find it fun and very helpful for my own investment choices.
Activity: 85
Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System
January 05, 2018, 05:46:33 PM
To be honest I hate this trend and I think that such kind of projects cast a shadow over the whole crypto market so I just cant support any of them.

I wonder why won't you support? what is wrong with Marijuana? it is one of the most beautiful gift of the mother nature. as it has to be under control of the lobbies of course they make it illegal and make you guys think that is a bad thing by using all kind of social progrraming.
Activity: 1067
Merit: 501
January 05, 2018, 05:31:01 PM
 I think at Hempcoin have now nice opportunity to buy in. Soon (on 31 january) they promise make a hardfork and few little updates like conference with show new projects partners and new whitepappe
Activity: 210
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
January 05, 2018, 05:02:48 PM
I invested in THC,CANN,DOPE,and POT and they give me decent amount of profits i hope the family will grow bigger in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
January 05, 2018, 04:56:35 PM
Great work putting this topic together OP, you've clearly put a lot of work into this and the information presented is very useful to have in one place.

To be honest I hate this trend and I think that such kind of projects cast a shadow over the whole crypto market so I just cant support any of them.
How so? I think there are some really interesting coins listed here, I'm glad that some of them actually have ties to the legal marijuana industry instead of just being a proof of concept.
Or are you just against marijuana in general, legal or not?
January 05, 2018, 02:15:34 PM
Weekly Update

Top 5 changes: CANN moves +1 to #3, DOPE moves -1 to #4

Development changes: CCN downgraded from Potentially Active to Not Active after dev didn't follow through with a proposed January 1st update.

The days leading up to the new year were very eventful for marijuana coins. Multiple coins were frequently top gainers on Bittrex and other major exchanges. Less than a week in to 2018 there are gainers and losers in the top 5. THC, CANN, and TKS have all leveled out higher than where they were last Friday. POT and DOPE both suffered a slight decline. Of course this is just after the initial rush, it will be interesting to see what happens once California starts reporting revenue and various projects continue to develop.

Also I've added the total market cap for all 15 coins listed here. Interestingly, a single coin with that market cap would currently be at #104 overall on CoinMarketCap (below Enjin Coin, above Triggers).
January 03, 2018, 11:59:43 AM
I'd be interested to hear why you feel that way. Is it because of how you feel about marijuana itself, or do you just see these coins as redundant since there might be better options out there?
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
January 03, 2018, 08:27:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: