Pages:
Author

Topic: Computer hardware for 400-600GH/s hashing - page 2. (Read 3483 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
January 27, 2014, 08:10:21 AM
OP high as fuck, still wants to mine SHA256 on GPUs and shit

just trolling. like the OP
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
January 27, 2014, 07:30:16 AM
How about some of you guys EXPLAIN to the guy WHY it is that he can't, rather then just laughing at the guy? He's obviously new to the game. I understand there are plenty of places where he could've gathered the necessary information, but really, no reason to act like douches.

+1
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 02:10:46 AM
You should have known what kind of answer to expect if you have been mining with GPU's already.

How about some of you guys EXPLAIN to the guy WHY it is that he can't, rather then just laughing at the guy? He's obviously new to the game. I understand there are plenty of places where he could've gathered the necessary information, but really, no reason to act like douches.

As for the questions:

You cannot build a computer that will hash at such a high rate. The best you could do is build a computer with some high end GPU's that will maybe get you about 2-4GH/s. That will earn you about $1 a day (likely less), and cost you maybe $2 a day, so it's not a good idea. Bitcoin mining is only left for ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuit). If you want a bitcoin miner, you can try to buy an AntMiner (www.bitmaintech.com but they are currently on holiday in China untill Feb 5th.)

If you want to get into the game of mining, you can try LiteCoin mining, which you can still due currently with GPU's.

There are plenty of information that can be found on this forum, please have a look around, and remember, the search box is your friend.

what GPU gives you 2-4GHs??

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

If you cared to read, you would see that I typed "GPU's", as in more then ONE. I used to run 4 MSI Radeon HD 7970 OC, which would give me about 2.8GH/s. They are currently being used to mine LTC now, along with 8 other cards.
Activity: 346
January 27, 2014, 01:27:00 AM

As for the questions:

You cannot build a computer that will hash at such a high rate. The best you could do is build a computer with some high end GPU's that will maybe get you about 2-4GH/s. That will earn you about $1 a day (likely less), and cost you maybe $2 a day, so it's not a good idea. Bitcoin mining is only left for ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuit). If you want a bitcoin miner, you can try to buy an AntMiner (www.bitmaintech.com but they are currently on holiday in China untill Feb 5th.)

If you want to get into the game of mining, you can try LiteCoin mining, which you can still due currently with GPU's.

There are plenty of information that can be found on this forum, please have a look around, and remember, the search box is your friend.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

If you cared to read, you would see that I typed "GPU's", as in more then ONE. I used to run 4 MSI Radeon HD 7970 OC, which would give me about 2.8GH/s. They are currently being used to mine LTC now, along with 8 other cards.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
January 27, 2014, 01:12:08 AM
This thread, The OPoster and dimensionsofhell

COMPLETE FAIL!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
January 27, 2014, 01:09:47 AM

As for the questions:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Activity: 153
January 27, 2014, 01:07:39 AM
Since it is relatively much easier for me to assemble a computer with a certain hardware specifications, I would like to know if 300-600 GH/s hashing possible with perhaps a high end computer? If yes, what configuration is required like ram, processor, graphic card etc. Not interested for ASIC, so looking for some alternates, less hashing is also fine. (Please exclude electricity consumption, I am aware about it). 

ummmmmmm it is possible, the only problem is pigs dont fly yet.
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
January 27, 2014, 01:03:45 AM
Lightyear69,

It used to be that computers were used to mine bitcoins, but now that's not done anymore. Those were the days of a couple of years ago.

Up until maybe August of 2013, you could still use graphics cards to mine, but those took a huge amount of power, and they became not profitable once ASICs (application specific integrated circuits) came out.

You can still use computers and GPUs (graphics cards) to mine what are called scrypt based miners, like Litecoin and other scrypt based coins, but you need pretty powerful graphics card, like 4-5 if you want to get anywhere with that, and a beefy power supply to boot.

As an example, I run 2x7950's in one computer for Litecoin mining (get about 1.1 Mh/s with both, it's a small setup with a 750 W power supply). You can't really put more than 2 of those cards with the case closed, because of the heat they generate and dissipate (200 Watts each, 400 watts total power to dissipate).

Most people who run many (4-5) graphics cards have open air rigs with powerful fans blowing on them and increased spacing between graphics cards so they do not burn each other up. I have not personally gone that route, mainly due to space and safety (kid) concerns.

As for bitcoin mining, to get to 400-600 Gh/s, you need some powerful miners, like several AntMiners, or a bunch of Singles, or a few newer Avalons, and burly power supplies.

My recommendation would be to start small, do not burn a lot of money, and configure any existing hardware you have to mine some litecoins, or maybe get a cheap ASIC off E-bay. Some of the older generation ASICs have come down in price. (like maybe a Jalepeno or Little Single). Or, get a redfury USB miner and run that for a bit.

Hope this helps.

Activity: 346
January 26, 2014, 11:44:16 PM

As for the questions:

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
January 26, 2014, 05:43:58 PM
For 300gh you will need something around 250 7990 gpu-s.

Please do some more research before posting something stupid like this.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
January 26, 2014, 05:41:13 PM
hahahaah ..

staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
January 26, 2014, 05:26:06 PM
Since it is relatively much easier for me to assemble a computer with a certain hardware specifications, I would like to know if 300-600 GH/s hashing possible with perhaps a high end computer?
For 300GH/s you will need 100,000 3 GHz Intel or AMD cores of recent vintage, plus a lot of additional money to power is as the power consumption will be so high that it will operate at an almost complete loss.

Cheers.

Activity: 266
January 26, 2014, 04:39:36 PM
ROTFL!!!

This is funniest shit I ever read!

LOL!!!
Activity: 364
January 26, 2014, 03:29:30 PM
Since it is relatively much easier for me to assemble a computer with a certain hardware specifications, I would like to know if 300-600 GH/s hashing possible with perhaps a high end computer? If yes, what configuration is required like ram, processor, graphic card etc. Not interested for ASIC, so looking for some alternates, less hashing is also fine. (Please exclude electricity consumption, I am aware about it). 

That's not gonna happen.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
January 26, 2014, 03:17:02 PM
Pages:
Jump to: