Pages:
Author

Topic: Concentrate more on the technology and give less attention to price value. - page 4. (Read 659 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
I totally agree on this point and also what I look for is if certain companies are forging partnerships with good companies that are already existing plus also with some capital and funding behind them by think tanks and other venture capital firms. It is many factors that need to be reconciled before I make a decision to invest in anything nowadays and the days of FOMO are truly over for myself and my family now. We look at the technology now much more seriously.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
I think that bounty hunters are even very much guilty on this. They are just concerned about the little profit they get instantly after minutes that the token gets to their wallet. They don't understand that a little patience for a real project would be more profitable.
Activity: 496
Merit: 100
The Altcoin industry has made the timeframe for ROI so short that everyone now sees it as a quick money making industry or scheme which shouldn't be the case. If you have read the history of bitcoin you would understand it took bitcoin quite sometime to start yielding profits and it too it almost 10 years to record its massive success in regards to price value but yet enthusiast didn't loss hope in the technology and that's what happens when you invest because of the technology and not just for the price gain of the project.

If you're just chasing the price gain when investing in an altcoins you would definitely ended up regretting your investment choice. If our focus were channelled more towards investing in the technology behind a project then scammers wouldn't have had recorded huge success when trying to scam us but since we're more concerned about the price value we easily become preys as the scammers profit from our greediness.

Next time you're interested in investing in an altcoin, consider patronizing a project based on the technology it's developing then give it time. Don't be in a rush to profit as soon as possible unless you're obviously a trader. The timeframe we assign to this projects to develop and deliver is quite small when you compared them to other sector of the investment opportunities. This could be the main reason they're failing to delivery, we're putting more pressure on them. Lets give them more time.

Lets invest more in achievable technology that can add more credibility to the cryptocurrency industry and not just chase price gain.
We don't think about technology even we are getting fool. Even if we invest in good IEO like Harmony, we will sell our coin with few profits. Harmony is ready to launch msinnet phase 2.0, when after 1 year some projects can't launch mainnet. Even I did wrong check only bounty rewards allocation and funds rise in IEO.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
If most of the investors would think like this we would have nicer communities willing to wait good tech that drives the prices instead of a pump to increase price without having any tech to sustain it. The problem is that a lot of coins have this problem where they prefer to have a price increase instead of focusing on tech. Lets take INSOLAR per example , rank 1 on github for over 12 months which proves they have a solid team but when we look at the price its still stable around 30 cents because the priority of the project is the tech and then the price.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
Project developers understand crypto investor's hungry to make profits so they are attracting investors by giving lot of discounts but at the end those high discounts makes the project to lose its value even if the team trying hard to bring the real output.So investors stop needs to be greedy,if they are going to invest on a new project then invest only in long term then only the project can reach real success.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
The Altcoin industry has made the timeframe for ROI so short that everyone now sees it as a quick money making industry or scheme which shouldn't be the case.
Here is the thing with 'stuff' that has the potential to gain in value very quickly:  when it happens, when something like an altcoin rockets in value, people who might otherwise have zero interest in them take notice and they want in.  In other words, that quick ROI draws in speculators like crazy and this has always been the case in the stock market, with comic books, baseball cards, postage stamps (when those were the hot item), you name it. 

Therefore it is not a reasonable expectation that the average altcoin trader will, or even *should*, have an appreciation of what the underlying technology is all about.  In an ideal world everyone who owned a bunch of altcoins would be passionate about blockchain technology and see the beneficial possibilities, but we don't live in such a world. 

Most traders and, I would assert, most members of this forum only care about what the price is doing for any given altcoin.  This is why technical analysis is so big here.  I don't see this as a horrible thing necessarily.  Traders provide liquidity to markets and also can boost prices.  Live and let live, eh?
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
Technology shouldn’t be set aside. Lets face it a lot of investors are only after the profit they are missing the real value of technology. It’s important today that we should stop investing in trash rather choose projects with use and with real value.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
This is how investors' mind set when investing in a project, however, the problem is mojority of investors in crypto is not really into the technological part of it, but in the financial opportunity that it brings. We cannot blame people since each has their own reasons for supporting and leaving a project. In time, I believe investors will be wiser when choosing which project will they support as time goes by people will learn how important cryptocurrency as part of our system and daily life.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
The Altcoin industry has made the timeframe for ROI so short that everyone now sees it as a quick money making industry or scheme which shouldn't be the case. If you have read the history of bitcoin you would understand it took bitcoin quite sometime to start yielding profits and it too it almost 10 years to record its massive success in regards to price value but yet enthusiast didn't loss hope in the technology and that's what happens when you invest because of the technology and not just for the price gain of the project.

If you're just chasing the price gain when investing in an altcoins you would definitely ended up regretting your investment choice. If our focus were channelled more towards investing in the technology behind a project then scammers wouldn't have had recorded huge success when trying to scam us but since we're more concerned about the price value we easily become preys as the scammers profit from our greediness.

Next time you're interested in investing in an altcoin, consider patronizing a project based on the technology it's developing then give it time. Don't be in a rush to profit as soon as possible unless you're obviously a trader. The timeframe we assign to this projects to develop and deliver is quite small when you compared them to other sector of the investment opportunities. This could be the main reason they're failing to delivery, we're putting more pressure on them. Lets give them more time.

Lets invest more in achievable technology that can add more credibility to the cryptocurrency industry and not just chase price gain.
Pages:
Jump to: