Pages:
Author

Topic: Confession's of a Bitcoin Botnet coder... - page 4. (Read 20212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042
Death to enemies!
I'm 50-50 if this story and screens are legit or fake. But many of the less-known facts and tips are legit.

Update: This guy is 100% legit! Moscow never sleeps.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
I'm tell you guys, this stuff is going to be the end of bitcoin.

You might be right yikes! :/

From Bitcoin network point of view a botnet is legitimate miner, as long as no one controls more that 50% of hashing power, everything is fine. And botnets doesn't affect bitcoin market price either because supply side always stays the same, 50 bitcoins per 10 minutes. Price per bitcoin changes only because demand changes, supply rate doesn't change and it doesn't matter who mined those coins. Of course legitimate miners can't compete with a botnet, but even that probably will change with ASIC mining, that will make CPU mining pointless even for a botnet.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
Mining at BTCguild with ~ 10 GH/s since now about 2 months, continually growing - should be enough info to analyze BTCguild payouts (or ask eleutheria directly for logs, if he uses only 1 account, he's for sure in the top25, together with probably a few other botnets) and expose his adress(es), if he didn't use CoinControl. From there it's most likely off to MtGox or another exchange (they usually cooperate with law enforcement) or to a savings account that can be tracked.

Still an interesting read though!

+1, someone kick the botnet out
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010

Because some people on the Internet use it for crime?

Really?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Mining at BTCguild with ~ 10 GH/s since now about 2 months, continually growing - should be enough info to analyze BTCguild payouts (or ask eleutheria directly for logs, if he uses only 1 account, he's for sure in the top25, together with probably a few other botnets) and expose his adress(es), if he didn't use CoinControl. From there it's most likely off to MtGox or another exchange (they usually cooperate with law enforcement) or to a savings account that can be tracked.

Still an interesting read though!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin

You might be right yikes! :/
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
LR is the most common one, most cybercriminals are too inexperienced to use bitcoin,

Now that is bad news for Bitcoin. 
legendary
Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
legendary
Bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: