Pages:
Author

Topic: Confirmation became really fast, what has happened? - page 6. (Read 2931 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
I think you got lucky at that time because there were mined fast 3 blocks, the same "situation" is now where 4 blocks were found within 8 minutes, and I haven't seen so many blocks to be found within a short period of time. @BillyBobZorton seems that when Bitmain "pauses" a bit the network gets back to the normality.
Activity: 938
Merit: 559
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
A scaling solution seems to have been reached, so spammers decided to stop, meaning that you can now get confirmations with no fees or almost no fees.

Plus the hype has died down lately.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Simple: Bitmain and Roger Ver have stopped spamming the network. If you look at the mempool graph it was clear it was just another attack by the big blockers to bitch and moan about high fees and confirmation times.

Just wait for the hardfork drums to start making noise again, they will turn their spam machines again to try to force support for their altcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
Nowdays I've got used to the fact that bitcoin transactions were just hanging in the mempool for quite a long time, but today I just realized that something has happened.
I've started a transaction of 0,05 BTC (not a huge amount) with the possible lowest (and slowest) low-prio fee, and I thought that it will take days to get confirmed (or at least one day). The fee was about 0,0034... BTC (159 sat/byte).
In an hour (or less), it was confirmed, the first 4 confirmation was done in 15 minutes. I was totally surprised. I've checked the mempool later on, it has been settled, it seems. These are the first few weeks since the beginning of May when the mempool isn't full.
I don't know what has happened, but it seems promising. (Or not, if it's in connection with the August 1st deadline, but who knows... I don't, but if anybody knows, please help me to understand what is going on behing the scenes...)

That isn't a very low fee for the transaction you did mate. Moreover it is possible there may be no much congestion when you made the transaction, hence the reason why it was quite fast but all the same 0.0034 isn't a small transaction fees.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Time until first confirmation isn't only fee dependent. Priority also plays a role. You might want to read up on it here
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
Nowdays I've got used to the fact that bitcoin transactions were just hanging in the mempool for quite a long time, but today I just realized that something has happened.
I've started a transaction of 0,05 BTC (not a huge amount) with the possible lowest (and slowest) low-prio fee, and I thought that it will take days to get confirmed (or at least one day). The fee was about 0,0034... BTC (159 sat/byte).
In an hour (or less), it was confirmed, the first 4 confirmation was done in 15 minutes. I was totally surprised. I've checked the mempool later on, it has been settled, it seems. These are the first few weeks since the beginning of May when the mempool isn't full.
I don't know what has happened, but it seems promising. (Or not, if it's in connection with the August 1st deadline, but who knows... I don't, but if anybody knows, please help me to understand what is going on behing the scenes...)
Pages:
Jump to: