Pages:
Author

Topic: Confirmed scam! Don't get screwed! - page 2. (Read 2283 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
March 02, 2013, 12:35:10 PM
No I do not know how to check. Here is the email I sent this morning it has a list of the problems I have with it all.

Okay what I am seeing is that there is no protection for me what so ever. It seems to be a poor service in general to me with very high fees. i understand your reservations, I believe the best way for us to gain trust is to do small transactions over a period of time. To be honest it looks like a scam to me there are to many holes in your story, I think I am just going to pass on doing business with you.

The problems I have---
You have 0 feedback as a seller
You require a large up front purchase
I have no way of knowing if you are the person you claim (riX2000)
you are not in the pictures of you mining rig
your gmail account is new
If you are the user you claim to be you are known to gamble (15000 at once)
You wont use escrow for erroneous reasons.
Willing to pay 11% fees doesn't make sense
I also do not like that the word Predator is in your email address.
I posted under bitcoin forums that i believed your service to be a scam and for other users to avoid you.
If you would like to defend your service you can reply to my post under scam accusations. It is entitled "suspected scam! dont get screwed!"   

Virwox is currently the most reliable way to transfer from paypal to btc.  There are a lot of fees involved, and time, too.  I think the fees come out to be like 11%, and they only sell whole btc (not .05 btc, for example).

Needless to say, it's complicated, expensive, and not really satisfying.  Yet, they do a lot of business in BTC, mostly to newbies trying to get some btc by using a credit card or paypal.

-- also that user bought large number of coins recently, which doesnt make sense. He claims to mine 250 a month and is meeting to buy 100's of coins?
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
March 02, 2013, 10:07:28 AM
So your entire argument rests on this other person not being interested in small transactions which somehow proves they're a scammer? That's not much to go by. Do you know how to check if indeed you are talking to the owner of an OTC rating even?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
March 02, 2013, 12:06:21 AM
Found this service though a customer. I was wondering if any one in the community had run across it before and what was your experience?

This guy clams to be a user named riX2000, who i noticed entered into the famous bet between Mathew Wright and the community. He linked to riX2000's otc rating and claimed he was the guy who had put up the coins in the bet.

He was looking pretty straight at first but when I stated that I would want to start with small transactions and build slowly he claimed that he could only get so many charge backs from Paypal and would only sell for $500 or more.

Here is a link to his page and to the email profile he provided also the claimed otc account.

Just want to send out a warning to the community to try and help people avoid getting screwed over. Let me know if it is a confirmed scammer.

http://buybitcoinswithpaypal.blogspot.com/2013/02/buy-bitcoins-with-paypal-and-payza.html

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=riX2000

https://plus.google.com/106603952814650530037/posts

Pages:
Jump to: