Pages:
Author

Topic: Confusion about BCH hard fork and clear statement for newbie. - page 2. (Read 397 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
wow i never realized that BCH is also changing! i only thought that they are forking the SV thing as a new protocol but with a little search it seems like they are also changing BCH. so technically speaking they can end up with 3 new chains for 3 different coins!
1. the old BCH
2. the new BCH with new rules
3. the SV fork
of course i doubt that #1 is going to exist but i am only mentioning possibilities.

ps. SV is increasing block size to 128 MB Cheesy

PS 2. Is there an option to put the image in a spoiler ? So its not huge and only appears when people click the spoiler.
sadly this forum doesn't have any option for spoilers
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
thank good information
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
Its a comlete shitshow. Have you seen the candle on Bitmex ?
IMO the market is so full of manipulation now, its disgusting. A message to newbies stay the F away from Bitmex.
Just HODL dont trade short term if you dont know what you are doing because it will cost you your money.

PS. I know that this was not the purpose of your topic. Just wanted to warn them as I think its neccescary.

PS 2. Is there an option to put the image in a spoiler ? So its not huge and only appears when people click the spoiler.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
There is some confusion about BCH hard fork. I think mostly people's already clear about it except new people's. Thats why I just want to clear my opinion. There will happen 2 thing.

1. Upgrade existing BCH blockchain.
2. Hard fork of BCHSV or BSV.

Upgrading existing BCH blockchain means there will split blockchain with new upgrade called BitcoinABC. So BCH will no exist anymore if upgrade happen. I just want to clear by simple language. But nothing to worry about it because you balance will remain on Bitcoin ABC. Most of wallet and exchanger supporting this upgrade you can move you fund there or you can hold with private key wallet. For us (genaral user ) we can say just exchanger will rename BCH to BCHABC.

About Hard fork of BCHSV, It will be another coin split from BCH blockchain with new features. You will get airdrop 1:1 those exchange and wallet supporting BCHSV.

So if you hold 1 BCH currently. Then you will have 1 BCHABC and 1 BCHSV. Old BCH will not exist.

My suggestion move your fund those wallet and exchange supporting both upgrade and hard fork. So you will get free BCHSV. Although you will get free coin from private key wallet but there will be hard for newbie.

If you need more details then read poloniex announcement or others exchange announcement.
Pages:
Jump to: