Pages:
Author

Topic: Consolidating UTXOs in wallets. - page 3. (Read 681 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 93
Enable v2transport=1 and mempoolfullrbf=1
October 11, 2023, 12:09:22 PM
You'd be better off consolidating them in a real coinjoin using Wasabi Wallet, BTCPay Server, or Trezor instead.
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
October 11, 2023, 09:34:50 AM
Hi, I've using the wallet for some 3-4 months and it is really easy to use.
With excelent features like:

- RBF
- Integrated mixer
- Fake conjoin
- UTXO control

Along others, the only thing that the wallet is missing is the hability to import individual key, it only offer the option to sweep them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 1298
Cashback 15%
October 11, 2023, 08:33:01 AM
Over time, a user's wallet may become cluttered with numerous UTXOs originating from various sources. At this point, the necessity arises to consolidate these UTXOs. I want to highlight a technique implemented in the Sparrow wallet that facilitates this process and, at the same time,  also preserving, and sometimes enhancing, user privacy. This technique is known as "fake conjoin."

Fake conjoin involves constructing a transaction within Sparrow wallet that imitates a typical batch transaction involving two parties. When consolidating funds in Sparrow, users should select a specific address to send funds, the value of which is slightly less than half the total sum of UTXOs held in the wallet. Then, by clicking the "Privacy" button located at the bottom-right corner of the Send window, Sparrow does the job.

Sparrow automates the creation of a "fake conjoin" transaction by grouping UTXOs into two sets, mimicking two independent parties. This transaction consists of five outputs: two with identical amounts (999,974 sats in example on below picture), individually directed to the user's chosen address and a decoy address. Additionally, two outputs simulate the change for each party involved in the transaction, while the fifth output represents the transaction fee.

Quote from: satscraper

The beauty of the "fake conjoin" UTXOs-consolidation-approach  with the use of Sparrow lies in its versatility; it can be applied to virtually any wallet. Personally, I have successfully utilized this technique to consolidate my holdings stored in Passport 2 hardware wallet, paired with Sparrow. Sparrow's intuitive interface guided me through the process effortlessly.

P.S. For above instance the testcoins were used.

Readings:
1. Spending Privately
2.Stonewall

UPD. People should never keep  questionable UTXOs with those ones that are not problematic in one wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: