Pages:
Author

Topic: conspiracy theory - page 2. (Read 394 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 11
November 20, 2018, 07:29:09 PM
Where is money there are all kind of people trying to take profit. We are seeing all kinds of frauds and manipulations since long ago and now it is getting worse because btc has sky rocketed.
Thing is that average crypto investor/trader have no clue what is going on under scene. Since price is fluctuating a lot there is a lot of money to be made on trade. You have all kinds of market panipulations by whales who can control price, you have all kinds of ICO scams, trading bots that can make trades in milisec etc. But as always average trader is not the one who is taking profits but big fish. We learned that crypto on paper looks decentralized but with all that forks and manipulation it is clear that there is no such a thing.
It is interesting to watch crypto development and where it will end in a decade.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
November 20, 2018, 07:14:50 PM
I think this is nothing new, many know of the existence of whales (uber richs) and the government trying to manipulate the market or destroy it, but bitcoin is designed to resist attacks if we unite as a community, we potentially have more power over them, because we are more and we have more investment, the problem is that people are led by the FUD, making them easily manipulable.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
November 20, 2018, 07:08:06 PM
Actually that theory has been in circulation for years but the problem is that we don't have any evidence to back it up so it will remain a good 'theory' to talk about maybe in another 10 years or so. And because this is a free market, its really hard not to see that it can really happened, that's why this market is prone to manipulation and if there's someone who's going to benefit from the price going down, its the whales or those people who can tons of money and they can control the price whatever they want, they could be big banks involved as well. Everyone is in the business of making money so I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of act is already happening at this point.
Activity: 727
Merit: 500
Minimum Effort/Maximum effect
November 20, 2018, 05:31:24 PM
 Some people are like that, if it's possible, it's probably happening.
 As for those people manipulating, there's all types of motivations moving people, there are so many players in the game, we have to separate them by their tempers, hatreds, loyalties. A perfect game is improbable, even if we closed every loop hole, there would still be aspects we simply must trust are operating honestly, but what can be done is educating people to notice... and at the least take part in their own narrative upon noticing manipulation; help the attacker and make money? or counter it and make money?

That is the miracle of the Blockchain, it changes all the rules, we are seeing history unfold, transcribed in all it's imperfection onto a permanent record. Whatever version of history we subscribe to, all those nuances will be caught and recorded for posterity.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 20, 2018, 04:57:51 PM
i've been in the game since BTC was at $20. when it hit $1000 and tanked to $100 my buddy told me i was an idiot for not selling. i'm glad i didn't. he also said something that caught my attention. he started talking about how the government and banks want to destroy BTC cause it threatens/competes with the financial system. he also believes the uber rich want to control it and profit through manipulation. seeing these massive price drops makes me think back to when it hit $1000. there seems to be a pattern of huge drops and then explosive growth. what if big players are trying to influence the market by destroying confidence or make massive amounts by pushing the price down so they can buy it up? coin base says BTC market cap is $71 billion. there are plenty of individuals and corporations who can straight up buy every BTC in existence. bezos alone is worth $160 billion and some banks are worth hundreds of trillions. it would not take much effort to flood the market cause a panic and buy it up. i've heard plenty of stories about wealthy business men stroking fears after WW2 so people would rush to sell and they were there waiting to buy. there are so many angles on why somebody would want to destroy control or profit from BTC. governments want control over everything and are furious individuals are making tax free money. banks and payment processors are pissed people are able to cut out the middle man which hurts their revenue. some people are so rich they don't even care to make more money off it, they get wet just thinking about how they can squeeze it and poke at it and twirl it around their little fingers. when you get to a point you have so much having control means more than having another billion.
Pages:
Jump to: