Pages:
Author

Topic: Content of wallet.dat - Bounty - page 3. (Read 4004 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502
August 09, 2014, 12:48:27 PM
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 09, 2014, 12:45:07 PM
I need some help...

Long story short - lost all data on my hard drive and my external back drive.

I ran Photorec and recovered over 1 million files from hard drive, and if any of you has ever had to do that (so sorry)... you know the files are recovered with a generic name and most extensions are changed to txt.

Anyhoo - to locate wallets in the abyss, I can search the content of the files (grep recursive), but I don't have a freakin clue what's in a wallet.dat; never tried to open one.

That said - does anyone have some generic line of text from a wallet.dat that I can use to query a mil+ freakin txt files? I'm sure it's going to recover wallet.dat from backups, the trash, and even temp directories. I'm sure I'll have hundreds of wallet.dats, with only one being the one I need. So wondering... once I locate these files (fingers crossed), is there a way to identify the coin they belong to or date it was last updated or something?

Someone please help!

About the bounty - If you hadn't guessed by now my coins are on this hard drive. But I do have a lil bitchange in an exchange wallet that I'm willing to share.
Pages:
Jump to: