Pages:
Author

Topic: Controversial Backpage.com Warmly Welcomes Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 1148 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
of course they are welcoming btc, they are the silkroad equivalent of craigslist!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
The monthy revenue ads from backpage is just great, with a 2 million usd dollars a month this could bring a good bump in bitcoin buys from the ad buyers

i have never used backpage before but looking at how money it makes is a wow factor.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I don't think it matters very much.  For the banks and other main stream entities, btc has been demystified.  I never understand why it is a problem when someone uses bitcoins for illegal activities.  If you have a dollar in your pocket that is older than a year, chances are good that it has been in the hands of a criminal of some kind.  So why all of a sudden does it make a difference for bitcoins and not dollars?  The whole thing is just silly.  No matter what there will always be a black market, and you can pay in cash just as easily as btc.  Plus imo cash is more "anonymous".
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
you should post that in the press-section
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

This is a piece of news which it appears that Bitcoin transactions are being accepted when major credit card companies like Visa and Mastercard are distancing themselves.  Apparently  Backpage.com which sort of looks and functions like Craigslist is accepting Bitcoin, but because the website is notorious for adult services, it could create a negative stigma for the digital currency. I would like to see, as would many of you, Bitcoin thrive in the mainstream.  Every new company or entity that accepts it can be thought of as a win, but what of the long term ramifications of reputation if Bitcoin goes where others don't?

The article is http://www.moneysedge.com/newsimage?id=144
Pages:
Jump to: