Pages:
Author

Topic: Copay: Open Source HD-Multisig Bitcoin Wallet – 1.0 Released - page 2. (Read 8501 times)

Activity: 608
Merit: 509
OK twister, thanks.

The reason I came looking for a Copay support site is just 'cuz of the new version released today.

I understand the need for the new "dynamic fees" feature but honestly I'd prefer if it was left alone the way it was, i.e. with just simple settings for .00005 or .0001 or .0005 etc.

These dynamic fee wallets are a pain in the ass since you never quite know what your remaining balance is gonna be after sending a transaction.  

Cutting the fee out into the fifth and sixth decimal place just leaves a lot of messy DUST, IMHO... and I usually prefer to TRY and keep my bitcoin balance at whole numbers, sending fractions to another wallet, and/or at least trying to keep just two or three decimal places on most balances.

This isn't just being "anal" either, LOL... I do this so that I can easily REMEMBER what a wallet's balance WAS so that next time I open that wallet it'd be very CLEAR if the amount was hacked or something changed.

So, for a variety of reasons I really just don't like the dynamic fee thing: Would it be reasonable in the NEXT version of Copay to add a fourth choice for the fee setting, maybe to just let advanced users MANUALLY set the fee to a usual .0001 or .0005 (perhaps with a simple sanity check so noobies can't send their whole bitcoin away as "fee" by mistake)...

I hope so, in the meantime I'm going to stick with the .12 version on my iPhone and Macbook (the Windows chrome version has already auto-updated, so unfortunately I'm stuck with it there for now.  I can still use it for receiving, etc but will have to remember to only SEND from phone/mac).

Oh, also on the MAC version the functions for COPY/PASTE of bitcoin address in Copay don't seem to work, right click = nothing available (you have to manually use the keyboard ctrl-c ctrl-v which works okay).

That's the only other "bug" that I noticed, but you guys are probably already aware of that one...

P.S. {Edit} Okay I realized I could open a free github account just to post bug reports or feature requests, wasn't aware of that before, thought it was just for contributing actual CODE.

So I've opened an issue for this on there: https://github.com/bitpay/copay/issues/3111

Hope this helps Smiley

P.P.S. Here's a simulated screenshot, kinda what I'm thinking of... would like to see something like this in next version:

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Yeah, this is the technical discussion section, you can express your concerns here. I myself have been using for a while now (not regularly) but updated to the latest version a couple of days back. It has minor changes from the previous one, the fees can be adjusted to priority, normal or economy, there is a button to send all the funds in the wallet, I am sure there are other changes too but I haven't had time to check them all out.

So if you have found some bugs and/or problems, tell them here and they will hopefully try to fix them in the next update.
Activity: 608
Merit: 509
Is this the "official" Copay Wallet thread on BitcoinTalk for support and development discussion? 

I've already looked around a little, but it's not really clear where the main place to talk about Copay is: actually I really like this wallet and I've been using it more lately, BUT I have a couple gripes about the most current version release.

So, where do you guys think the best place to discuss that stuff (and hopefully get problems fixed) would be?

BTW I realize copay is open source, github etc, but unfortunately I'm not a coder so I'd need someone more skilled than me to submit any changes to fix the problems I've seen...
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
I have been using copay from some time and so far I haven't had any issues, I did have some concerns which I have expressed and OP confirmed that they will address those in future. I don't know how to compile it etc. on linux and it would be great if copay was available in ubuntu repositories.
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
I really like CoPay's decentralized multi-sig implementation.   Or at least the idea of it.   I am presently evaluating using it in my business to support a two step payment workflow consisting of:

1) Sally prepares a payment to Bob.
2) Jim reviews the payment and either authorizes or declines.

( This mirrors existing online banking functionality. )

In this scenario, Sally works for Jim, and Jim has ultimate responsibility for the funds.

Ok, this seems simple enough at first:  It could be a 2 of 2 or 2 of 3 wallet, for example.  ( with the 3rd key being an offline backup, held by Jim. )

But now what happens when Sally decides to leave the company and Ellen is hired to replace her?

Ideally Jim would be able to revoke Sally's key and issue a new key for Ellen.

But as far as I know, there is no provision for key revocation in bitcoin.  right?

Ok, so maybe we just ignore Sally's key and will never authorize a transaction initiated by Sally.

( and I see no technical reason why Sally could not be removed from the wallet for future transactions. )

But we still need a new key for Ellen.   And our wallet was created as a fixed 2 of 3.

So is there a way to add new participants/keys to a copay wallet?

Or more generally, I would like to know if the CoPay team has thought about this practical matter, and how they recommend for users to deal with key management when personnel change.

If I'm not mistaken, the only possibility at present is to create a new wallet for Jim and Ellen, then transfer the funds to it.   But that is gross for various reasons, not least because the transaction history gets spread across wallets.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
CoPay is supporting Bitcoin QT or Bitcoin XT ?

Of course, both supported, no possible way of only one being supported Wink
Activity: 378
Merit: 257

It is not like that.  They will support which ever version is implemented.  There won't be two chains, nor will there be double coins or anything silly like that.  The end user doesn't really need to worry about anything, except maybe a wallet software upgrade if it is needed.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
http://blog.bitpay.com/img/copay-1-released.jpg

Copay: Open Source HD-Multisig Bitcoin Wallet – 1.0 Released for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Chrome, Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux

Official website: https://copay.io/

One year ago, we set out to build a bitcoin wallet secure enough for our company’s funds. After a year of beta testing and use, we’re releasing the first version of Copay...

Complete blog post: http://blog.bitpay.com/2015/06/03/copay-released.html
Pages:
Jump to: