Pages:
Author

Topic: Correcting newbie's can be done in a nicer way using a polite approach - page 2. (Read 342 times)

Activity: 2758
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag

I don't see people treating newbies harsh in the forum very much these days unless the newbie stepped on the wrong foot from the start.

There are topics that you would have to stay away in the forum which also applies in real life such as Religion and Politics. Its a very touchy subject most of the time.   But if your topic is just about Bitcoin and trading, the people here are pretty much helpful.  But just grow old after all harsh words are there to be used.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 751
Burpaaa
Attitude is not moderated or even harsh words that forum user using here. You should accept all criticism if you are receiving one due to the post that you made since this a public forum and not school so you should be careful on your posting here because you can't change the attitude of a user if he is posting on that manner. You can just use the ignore button if you find someone very offensive to you to avoid seeing there post. That's the only way for you to filter out toxic user that bothering you.

Stop being a crybaby and move on.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2139
Professional Community manager
I have definitely seen newbies treated with a certain level of prejudice on the forum, being the largest rank group, there is bound to be more bad actors which misrepresents the bunch, and while I do not agree with this, it happens few times and far between to be much of an issue. It could be that such perceived harsh words in one reply, would stick out more in a thread with 10 helpful replies.

Being on the internet requires you to develop a thick skin you would not want to be hurt from "words" of an anonymous individual you could never identify.
Filter everything you read, take in the useful ones, and grow with that, while ignoring the parts not beneficial to you.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 5297
Self-proclaimed Genius
-snip-
We're in a forum where conversations are written not spoken,
So words like "wrong" or "no" will sound harsh most of the time even though the poster meant it to be read calmly.
As long as there's no words like "Id**t", "S***id" or similar, I'd not consider a reply unpolite.

Overall, it's entirely based from the reader's perspective.

Example: "No, You're wrong" can be perceived by the reader as "No! You're wrong!" even without punctuation.

A boy will one day grow up to b a man.
Exactly.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1313
Correcting newbie's can be done in a polite way, not making them feel bad but making them have a sense of belonging ,newbie's are bond to make mistakes ,it is the duty of the experience to guide them through rather than criticizing them or condeming their effort ,making them feel bad and want to give up, no man is an island ,as human we are expected to make mistakes,so when been corrected we tends to be careful when trying again and try not to make mistakes.
You got a point actually. There are polite ways to respond but some cant help themselves trolling the trolls as well. Maybe because those guys knew that the account isnt serious enough. But if those newbie history post proves that they are really trying to learn and being corrected harshly then maybe he dont understand what being a newbie feels like.

Some also experience criticism but remember not to become so emotional to take it so deep. Everyone got criticise too. I advise take it as a positive feedback instead and prove them wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 10424
Mistakes do happen where people treat others harshly but they don't deserve it but I'm curious whether you have some examples that warranted starting this topic because I rarely see such cases.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of newbie accounts with a low rank that are either scamming others or trolling and they are obviously treated harshly by everyone such as this scammer who keeps coming back claiming to be Satoshi: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bitcoinmoses-955818
Or those newbies who come out whenever there is a price drop talking about how bitcoin is "broken" and spread false information.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3816
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
I'm definitely not for being unnecessarily rude (but I'm guilty of this as I'm sick of those 'advice threads' from newbies who are obviously only trying to gain merits), but if you're expecting to be treated well every single time especially knowing that most of us here are anonymous, then you're bound to be disappointed.

Huge difference between an innocent newbie that's trying to learn, vs a not-so-new newbie that's trying to spam his/her way into getting merits.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
People who tell you the truth, bitter truth are helping you.

Do you think the head admin criticizes newbies with this message
Activity: 56
Merit: 17
Correcting newbie's can be done in a polite way, not making them feel bad but making them have a sense of belonging ,newbie's are bond to make mistakes ,it is the duty of the experience to guide them through rather than criticizing them or condeming their effort ,making them feel bad and want to give up, no man is an island ,as human we are expected to make mistakes,so when been corrected we tends to be careful when trying again and try not to make mistakes. Even the experienced were once newbies .A boy will one day grow up to b a man.

It does not make sense when an experienced member criticize or condemn a newbie's write up ,a word of encourage can help put the newbie's on check. Even some so called old experienced members still makes mistakes ,will they be happy if a newbie's criticize them .
Let be our brother keeper and encourage one another to do better then every one will win and the goal of the forum will be attained.
Pages:
Jump to: