Pages:
Author

Topic: Corsair HX 1200 | One Pcie cable won’t supply 2 GPUs - page 2. (Read 842 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 15
I have 16 rigs with this PSU, using 3 cables to power 6 gpus.. havent had any issues. What are your power limits set to?

Power limit on the cards? Its an AMD rig all cores run with 1150 Mhz the entire rig consumes 530 Watt ( will be extended in the future). The consumption can really not be a problem especially considering that the 850 PSU just works fine and powers all 6 cards. Just replacing the PSU ends in only 5 gpus starting.

I also don’t believe that the PSU has a technical problem as everything else just works fine ( runs stable for 3 days on a test machine)
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I have 16 rigs with this PSU, using 3 cables to power 6 gpus.. havent had any issues. What are your power limits set to?
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
2 card on the same cable is too much that's all there is, don't use more than 1 per card.

I use only one GPU per cable also, but connecting two gpu's with 8 pin each shouldn't be a problem, as most cables are rated 300w+.
But for obvious reasons i wouldn't recommend it also.
Yes, its powering 5 cards but if I put the sixth card to the second pcie connector it doesnt power up. The card gets no power whatsoever it actually looks like the card is dead - the system only starts with 5 GPUs. Very weird
I have this same PSU and 6 cards is no problem at all. Have you switched PSU to single rail?

Yes I switched it to single and also unplugged it just to be sure that the change is reflected. Still didn’t change anything.
Other than that there is not much to configure. The 850 PSU just works fine with the 6 cards @530 watt, really funny stuff
Activity: 215
I use Corsair RM1000X powering 7 RX 580, each cable powering 2  GPU, and its stable as hell, with 850w from wall.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Yes, its powering 5 cards but if I put the sixth card to the second pcie connector it doesnt power up. The card gets no power whatsoever it actually looks like the card is dead - the system only starts with 5 GPUs. Very weird
I have this same PSU and 6 cards is no problem at all. Have you switched PSU to single rail?
I have a problem with the Corsair HX 1200 PSU. It works perfectly fine with one GPU per PCie cable. When I put a second GPU to the same cable the card doesn’t even start. It’s not a card problem as I switched them and observed the same behavior.
That's weird. I don't have this particular PSU to test right now, but I've got a Corsair RM750i and it definitely works fine with 2 cards per cable — I remember connecting 4* rx 480 to that PSU, each card with a single 8-pin connector, and it only has 2 cables (with 2 pci-e connectors each). Maybe something's wrong with the PSU? Do all the connectors actually work?

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
I have a problem with the Corsair HX 1200 PSU. It works perfectly fine with one GPU per PCie cable. When I put a second GPU to the same cable the card doesn’t even start. It’s not a card problem as I switched them and observed the same behavior.
That's weird. I don't have this particular PSU to test right now, but I've got a Corsair RM750i and it definitely works fine with 2 cards per cable — I remember connecting 4* rx 480 to that PSU, each card with a single 8-pin connector, and it only has 2 cables (with 2 pci-e connectors each). Maybe something's wrong with the PSU? Do all the connectors actually work?
Activity: 224
CryptoLearner
The PSU you have it's 6x VGA power outlet, so 6 cards, i guess with 1050/1060 you can put 2x card per cable, but 1070 or above would be pushing it imho.
2 card on the same cable is too much that's all there is, don't use more than 1 per card.

So with a maximum of 5 possible connected pcie cables you want to tell me that I cannot put more than 5 cards - even if I only put GTX 1060 which would not even reach half of the PSU capacity?
Activity: 224
CryptoLearner
Fellow miners

My ressearch told me already to change the button at the back of the PSU to single instead of multipe but It didn’t help.

Anyone faced this issue already or has any suggestions?
Pages:
Jump to: