Pages:
Author

Topic: Could a coin price be locked in place? - page 3. (Read 872 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251
April 02, 2019, 02:33:36 PM
no one can lock the price though, it all happend naturally, depend on market exchange only
no one or no exchange can handle the price of coin/token
The exchange can manipulate the price if it wants. but I think it will be very easy to track and then everyone will stop trusting this exchange.
actually never been a fixed price for cryptocurrency. We want if we consider certain projects, which in fact exist and their coin has a certain price, but they do not swear anywhere. An example is the Galaxy company with the GES coin.
Activity: 551
Merit: 100
April 02, 2019, 02:08:38 PM
no one can lock the price though, it all happend naturally, depend on market exchange only
The exchange can manipulate the price if it wants. but I think it will be very easy to track and then everyone will stop trusting this exchange.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
April 02, 2019, 01:31:34 PM
I'm not talking about these supposed stablecoins like Tether, but normal coins.  Let's say an agreement was made among all the major Bitcoin exchanges.  Starting January 1, a Bitcoin is worth $5000 USD, plain and simple, and that's it.  The price never goes higher or lower.  A Bitcoin is $5000 today, tomorrow, next week, next month, etc.  NOTHING changes it.  Not a war, not the economy, not Trump getting re-elected (which he will, he's doing a great job), nothing.

I wonder if that could be done and what the effect would be. 

One effect is that I wouldn't be buying BTC, because with no price volatility, how could I ever make a profit?  But one good thing is that normal companies may be more inclined to use Bitcoin, since its price is now fixed and does not change.

thats sound imposible for me,,
because many people buying and selling bitcoin and others cryptocurrencies my friend and of course that will affected the price of crypto especially bitcoin
as we can see now,, bitcoin price growing hard and i believe soon will touch 5K USD my friend  Wink
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
April 02, 2019, 01:30:58 PM
I think it will never be possible because besides the stable coins, the price of the coin will continue to change depending on various aspects such as market conditions, market demand and also the total supply of coins, therefore bitcoin will never have a fixed price but precisely because of that is, traders can take profit from the price changes that occur
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
April 02, 2019, 01:14:57 PM
I think that it is almost impossible to fix the price of a coin on the spot under the conditions of very high market volatility.
The ups and downs of the cryptocurrency market greatly affect prices, as well as demand from participants.
All tradable assets in the world are not stable. Tether or other fixed coins are only assets that are useful to store your money constant. Where there is demand and supply, constancy is impossible.
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
♦♦♦♦♦
April 02, 2019, 01:01:14 PM
Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
April 02, 2019, 12:56:08 PM
The value for anything is always determined by the market.
Stable coins are stable because they have a equal number of currency stored as a escrow that can be changed in and out to maintain the price of the token.
There are concept of rise only markets, all of which have ended in scams.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS
April 02, 2019, 12:53:02 PM
I think that it is almost impossible to fix the price of a coin on the spot under the conditions of very high market volatility.
The ups and downs of the cryptocurrency market greatly affect prices, as well as demand from participants.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
April 02, 2019, 12:45:07 PM
I'm not talking about these supposed stablecoins like Tether, but normal coins.  Let's say an agreement was made among all the major Bitcoin exchanges.  Starting January 1, a Bitcoin is worth $5000 USD, plain and simple, and that's it.  The price never goes higher or lower.  A Bitcoin is $5000 today, tomorrow, next week, next month, etc.  NOTHING changes it.  Not a war, not the economy, not Trump getting re-elected (which he will, he's doing a great job), nothing.

One effect is that I wouldn't be buying BTC, because with no price volatility, how could I ever make a profit?  But one good thing is that normal companies may be more inclined to use Bitcoin, since its price is now fixed and does not change.
It is very difficult to happen. The market must always be volatile that helps investors like us to operate. And because there is nothing back for the value of Bitcoin, it cannot be as stable as money
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
April 02, 2019, 12:33:08 PM
As it occurred to you. Look at the dollar, euro, ruble and other currencies. They are controlled by banks and regulate the course, but still there is movement. With cryptocurrency it is impossible to do.
Activity: 282
April 02, 2019, 12:38:21 AM
Impossible bitcoin price could be locked in one place because bitcoin will have the same price around the world and not worried which one country do you came from, always have the same price bitcoin.
on average, the price of bitcoin is the same, but for each exchange there is a price difference that is usually used by traders. buy in exchange for which the price or growth is still slow, and sell it at a faster exchange rate of growth.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
April 01, 2019, 10:31:22 PM
Impossible bitcoin price could be locked in one place because bitcoin will have the same price around the world and not worried which one country do you came from, always have the same price bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
April 01, 2019, 09:54:18 PM

Absolutely not, there is no possibilities to that kind of things, Just to be easy if the price of coins were fixed, then there will be no one would wish to trade the coins, because we can't get any profit from a fixed price coins.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
April 01, 2019, 09:21:41 PM
I'm not talking about these supposed stablecoins like Tether, but normal coins.  Let's say an agreement was made among all the major Bitcoin exchanges.  Starting January 1, a Bitcoin is worth $5000 USD, plain and simple, and that's it.  The price never goes higher or lower.  A Bitcoin is $5000 today, tomorrow, next week, next month, etc.  NOTHING changes it.  Not a war, not the economy, not Trump getting re-elected (which he will, he's doing a great job), nothing.

One effect is that I wouldn't be buying BTC, because with no price volatility, how could I ever make a profit?  But one good thing is that normal companies may be more inclined to use Bitcoin, since its price is now fixed and does not change.

I don't like it and I think all traders and investors will not like this idea, it's an open market we do not want manipulation and control, it's all about the principle of buying low and selling high, it's never been done before and I don't think it's going to happen soon.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
April 01, 2019, 09:16:28 PM
In my own opinion, it can't be done . Coins or tokens' price can't be locked in place for the reason that the market does not manipulates the price, it is us traders who have the control to it. It can be temporary locked once the the project management team will have some changes in terms of improving their project or swapping.
Activity: 463
Merit: 107
April 01, 2019, 09:03:45 PM
Progress in line with demand and supply. Exchanges can not intervene. But they usually manipulate and play. Supply demand is quite, price unbalanced.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
April 01, 2019, 08:40:06 PM
I think locking the price of a particular coin or altcoin can be done, it's just that we need to have very, very large funds, besides that way there might be no other way.

Why do you think they need a large fund before they lock a coin ?  The owner of the coin can lock with or without funds whatsoever  . sure locking the coin can be a good way to secure the value of the coin but only for temporary purpose .  as soon as the team decided to unlock the coin , that is the time that bounty hunters and investors will dump their coins  .  locking the coin is only making the situation worst becuase this can give people to prepare  .  the dump can be more harder this way   .
Activity: 770
April 01, 2019, 08:26:28 PM
I think locking the price of a particular coin or altcoin can be done, it's just that we need to have very, very large funds, besides that way there might be no other way.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
April 01, 2019, 07:57:21 PM
For a coin to be stable it needs to be backed with $ or gold or other assets. Exchanges do not freezing the prices as demand and supply are determining it. The main advantage of BTC is that it is decentralized, why even think about it how to centralize it.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 866
March 31, 2019, 02:13:58 PM
This is one of the big issues for people when they transact in bitcoin.  What happens if someone has to a return an item and bitcoin price has changed 20%.  you need to establish if repayment will be in fiat amount or the same bitcoin amount.  Some people use this to their advantage and take whatever has greater value.
This is the reason why Bitcoin isnt really accepted by most merchants when we do apply it on traditional businesses.Due to volatility,it would always be
the issue and i cant really see the possibility of locking its price into its recent place.We know the properties of Bitcoin and all of crypto tokens/coins in the market which
had always been volatile.

Bitcoin volatility can only be less if the bitcoin market cap is very high and there are lot more people involve and use bitcoins. We everyone will have bitcoins, then it cannot be manipulated by the whales as whales will not have the majority of the coins. More the distributions of the coins, the less is the volatility.
Pages:
Jump to: