Pages:
Author

Topic: Could Bitcoin theoretically survive under manual mining only? - page 2. (Read 1006 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Also, no computers at all and no internet.. in this case I don't see it happening, even theoretically speaking.
There is no Bitcoin without the internet. Technically as soon as some people (nodes, miners) regained their connections the network could 'jump-start' again, but at this point we would only be speculating (as we can't be sure what is exactly going to happen).

Can Bitcoin survive without computers existing?
Seems like I've overlooked this part; the answer is certainly no.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Well technically it could work. However, take a look at:
What about nodes? how do you check funds and validate transactions?
If there were nodes with connections, they would still work. Technically you don't need mining for nodes to operate (albeit you won't have confirmations).
Yeah I know that in a realistic scenario this wouldn't be a worry on people's mind, im just theoretically imagining if Bitcoin could survive in a scenario where no computers are there anymore to do the calculations for you.
Also, no computers at all and no internet.. in this case I don't see it happening, even theoretically speaking.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Well technically it could work. However, take a look at:
If there were nodes with connections, they would still work. Technically you don't need mining for nodes to operate (albeit you won't have confirmations).
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Let's say a massive nuclear war happens, all mining power is dead and we can't start building it again for a while. Could people run the blockchain by doing the hashes manually like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3dqhixzGVo

Can Bitcoin survive without computers existing?
Pages:
Jump to: