Pages:
Author

Topic: Could Coinbase be forced to support BCC? - page 3. (Read 1600 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
August 02, 2017, 07:37:11 PM
I agree that it is stupid and the users had plenty of warning. I have a coinable account and was getting bombarded with emails of this nature for weeks before the fork. It is a mess, and I wonder if this really will wind up in the courts.

It could be a groundbreaking case in legal ownership of crypto assets.
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
August 02, 2017, 07:34:55 PM
It's customers/users fault, because they've been told to move their bitcoin out of coinbase, and coinbase has sent an email to notify everyone who has an account. And it's clear statement from them, long before bcash split happen.
If you wish to have access to both BTC and BCC, please be sure to send your BTC off the platform by July 31.

Don't care about legal scholar who analogized the situation to a brokerage firm not giving stock splits to their customers.
It's entirely different if you have been warned.
Activity: 171
Merit: 102
August 02, 2017, 07:34:42 PM
Im sorry but this is stupid. There are so many other exchanges/wallets that that they could easily transfer over their funds to and get their BCH, and on top of that they were given warnings well in advance and Coinbase stated their stance in the issue and that they had no plans on having BCH on their platform.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
August 02, 2017, 07:14:47 PM
Users are starting a class action lawsuit against Coinbase so they can get their BCH. Anyone think this could result in Coinbase supporting BCH and allowing trading to open? Might be the easiest way to settle with these customers.

https://news.bitcoin.com/coinbase-customers-could-instigate-class-action-lawsuit-over-bitcoin-cash/
Pages:
Jump to: