Pages:
Author

Topic: Could Ethereum survive without ICOs? - page 2. (Read 246 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
August 21, 2018, 08:40:05 AM
As far as i know, Ethereum is most-used smart-contract platfrom. ICO scams are because of the people not because Ethereum. Ethereum is not only to raise money but the main feature is to create and run a smart-contract for private or business. I dont think if less ICO, means the Ethereum price will broken, and the more ICOs with Ethereum platfrom will drag the price up.
Activity: 392
Merit: 66
August 21, 2018, 08:39:57 AM
No, Ethereum was never intended to be a store of value like Bitcoin. The network was imagined to be a world computer with smart contracts technology. The ETH currency was intended to be used as fuel currency for using that computer. That's why I don't think Ethereum can survive without ICOs. If Ethereum wants to have a decent future,  it desperately needs good project to run on it, not these crappy ones.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
August 21, 2018, 08:37:45 AM
ICO scams are really hurting Ethereum's price and reputation, and it's very high likely that we will never see same volatility of ICO investments (like in 2017) again because of these ICO scammers.

Let's imagine that ICO investing is now over or it's very minimum compared to what it was before. Of course there could be other types of projects on Ethereum blockchain besides ICOs but their effect on ETH:s price would be minimal, and this could mean that ETH would be only used as a store of value like Bitcoin. Could ETH survive this outcome and some day still recover it's price back to 1000 usd?
Ethereum has more people developing projects on its standard than any other, even Bitcoin. Smart Contracts are not just for ICO's so I think it would survive even without ICO's. I think your entire premise is faulty. The selling that has pushed down the price of Ethereum was not from scam ICO's, it was from large succesful ICO's like EOS that raised their money in Ethereum and then tried to turn it into USD faster than new ICO's where able to absorb the slack. Also ICO investing is not over, so who cares about specultaing about it. You may as well ask would Bitcoin be as popular if it became centralised like Ripple.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 21, 2018, 08:29:37 AM
ICO scams are really hurting Ethereum's price and reputation, and it's very high likely that we will never see same volatility of ICO investments (like in 2017) again because of these ICO scammers.

Let's imagine that ICO investing is now over or it's very minimum compared to what it was before. Of course there could be other types of projects on Ethereum blockchain besides ICOs but their effect on ETH:s price would be minimal, and this could mean that ETH would be only used as a store of value like Bitcoin. Could ETH survive this outcome and some day still recover it's price back to 1000 usd?
Pages:
Jump to: