Pages:
Author

Topic: Could Satoshi ever spend his Bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 7214 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
March 26, 2012, 06:34:08 AM
The code has been found to be meticulous. I think we are dealing with some high-level shit here.

Whatever happens with Bitcoin, I look forward to reading about the origin of its development in my life time. It took 30 years for the story of Bletchley Park to be released to the public.

In this era I don't think secrets can be held for that long.
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You
March 26, 2012, 06:20:25 AM
if satoshi is human and humans make mistakes, i think it's possible a large number of his private keys have already been lost permanently.

I've considered that. However, some have speculated quant/s had to be involved. Could this really be the work of one man? Perhaps this group knew exactly what was going to happen. Under such a scenario, such carelessness could not have happened.

The coins have not been spent. They might have a purpose.

The code has been found to be meticulous. I think we are dealing with some high-level shit here. As for who and what, it's unknowable. Just buy some coins and enjoy the ride.

I, for one, thank our influential benefactors. 
March 26, 2012, 06:16:24 AM
if satoshi is human and humans make mistakes, i think it's possible a large number of his private keys have already been lost permanently.

I've considered that. However, some have speculated quant/s had to be involved. Could this really be the work of one man? Perhaps this group knew exactly what was going to happen. Under such a scenario, such carelessness could not have happened.

The coins have not been spent. They might have a purpose.
Jon
donator
March 26, 2012, 06:12:35 AM

It was self-important enough to create an untraceable identity. I am sure it assigned the same importance to its Bitcoins as well.
Jon
donator
March 26, 2012, 05:58:46 AM
Whatever Satoshi is, I think it's certain that it has plans for its amassed fortune related to furthering Bitcoin. It would of spent it by now otherwise, methinks.

It keeps me confident in the future.
March 26, 2012, 05:56:21 AM
Some speculate Satoshi has as many as 1M+ Bitcoins. Could he ever spend them without attracting frenzied tx-attention/investigation or spend them without causing a run on the currency? Could he keep his anonymity?

10 years from now with 18m Bitcoins in existence, Satoshi might have 6% of all Bitcoins. Part of the Bitcoin Oligarchy. However, this is not all bad. Larry Ellison is estimated to be worth $36b and his Randian influence (like it or not) on the world is still limited. If Satoshi was worth $36b in 2022, Bitcoin would have a market capitalisation of $600b. Bitcoin would be causing waves, and each Bitcoin would be valued at $30k each.

Some speculate Satoshi is not an individual, but rather a group. Perhaps this group has good intentions and want to make the world a better place. Curiously, Larry's personal fortune is on par with the endowment of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Perhaps "Satoshi" might start offering BTC bounties to make the world a better place. Think X PRIZE? A cure for Malaria?
Pages:
Jump to: