Pages:
Author

Topic: Could stock crypto currencies destroy bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 339 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
In the future, stocks will likely be traded on blockchains as tokens.

If you have 100 shares of Apple Stock in a blockchain wallet as tokens, and you can freely transfer those tokens like digital money, what affect could this have, if any, on bitcoin?

You could literally walk around and pay for everything with Apple stock.

For greater stability, you could use a stock index fund as your digital money.

Back in the day, all money was backed by gold to give it intrinsic value.

What if in the future, all money was backed by stock index shares, thereby giving it intrinsic value and (relative) stability?

Instead of using dollars that have inflation, all money would provide return on investment in proportion to stock market growth.

And if you can use digital tokens that have intrinsic value, does it make sense on a philosophical level, to use a token with no intrinsic value?

Stocks could not possibly be traded in the form of blockchain tokens. Stocks exchange have a very strict regulations compared to crypto exchanges who are just starting in business. If those regulations will be also applied to crypto exchanges then those exchanges will die due to high taxes being imposed by the government.  The moment a government treats cryptocurrency as stocks and will apply the same fees as those with the stocks exchange then all of the crypto exchange will shutdown.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
One of the most innovative crypto currencies to date. Marinecoin will definitely out preform all others. 20000 coins for each proof of promotion. Self sustaining and time tested.  Dev-less and eco friendly block chain. Supported a a strong community. Register marineco.in and here marineco.in/ico for ICO. Artificial intelligence to the blockchain. Nothing to lose by signing up.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Wow, this surely is quite a very interesting topic. To be honest, I never really thought about this until I saw this post. Do you have an article that says In the future, stocks will likely be traded on blockchains as tokens that explain this claim more thoroughly or is this just a speculation? Because if there is, I would really love to get the chance to read it. But if this is just a speculation, I would say that it has a possibility but cannot happen yet in the next few years. I would also love to see other insights about this one. Will be watching this thread.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 305
There is no future, it's just someone's imagination.
Shares of companies, dollars, euros, gold this will all be and will not go anywhere.

Crypto currency is too unpredictable to completely switch to it.
Either all heads of state of the world should introduce a single currency.

But this will never be, because all are corrupt and easier to buy a yacht for stolen dollars than for some Apple tokens.
Activity: 54
Merit: 1
In the future, stocks will likely be traded on blockchains as tokens.

If you have 100 shares of Apple Stock in a blockchain wallet as tokens, and you can freely transfer those tokens like digital money, what affect could this have, if any, on bitcoin?

You could literally walk around and pay for everything with Apple stock.

For greater stability, you could use a stock index fund as your digital money.

Back in the day, all money was backed by gold to give it intrinsic value.

What if in the future, all money was backed by stock index shares, thereby giving it intrinsic value and (relative) stability?

Instead of using dollars that have inflation, all money would provide return on investment in proportion to stock market growth.

And if you can use digital tokens that have intrinsic value, does it make sense on a philosophical level, to use a token with no intrinsic value?
Pages:
Jump to: