Pages:
Author

Topic: Countries with No Bitcoin Taxes - page 5. (Read 11997 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
May 26, 2015, 12:31:28 PM
Mexico has no Bitcoin Taxes, for now...

The Bank of Mexico has been open minded enough to explore how a country traditionally associated with corruption could become the most transparent and incorruptible country in the world using this technology while other countries, governments and banks are running in fear of their beliefs and jobs as the technology and innovation evolves.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
May 20, 2015, 07:43:01 PM
Here in the Philippines, the government doesn't tax capital gains from bitcoins. Already cashed out almost $2500 worth of bitcoins to php without anything hindering me from doing so. Until bitcoin sees widespread adoption, sooner or later the government of the Philippines and other counties will soon enforce strict rules regarding the taxation of bitcoin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
May 20, 2015, 04:03:53 AM
I only know of Denmark and Germany but only if you have held them for more than a year I believe.

Does anyone know of any others?

In terms of taxes its complicated to my knowledge, the legal status is still changing.
Assuming standard law tax is only applied if their are gains and at the time of conversion.
Oddly enough bitlegal must have been dead for a while but they used to keep good track of the changes, I guess wiki is now the best bet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country

The bitcoin wiki mentions the process for the USA but not much detail is given on other countries
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Scam / Scammer Hunter
May 20, 2015, 03:57:35 AM
hey how come there's a tax in your country?
i think we don't have tax in bitcoin here on philippines, just only fees

i have no fees, no tax, no exchanger, no dealer. am fucked up in Mauritius LOL
Activity: 490
37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP
May 20, 2015, 03:52:46 AM
hey how come there's a tax in your country?
i think we don't have tax in bitcoin here on philippines, just only fees
Activity: 196
Scam / Scammer Hunter
May 06, 2015, 09:56:34 AM
I only know of Denmark and Germany but only if you have held them for more than a year I believe.

AFAIK Bitcoin is not taxable in Mauritius too.

people dont even know what bitcoin is here lol
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
December 21, 2014, 08:26:34 AM
I think basically any country that hasn't come out in the news and said "we are taxing bitcoin"  is still safe from the tax man for the time being.

As stands, it looks like most of the first world countries are taxing BTC, whereas 2nd and 3rd world countries can still get away with having to declare BTC

Oh great. I should be ok. I live in the USA. The most indebted country that has ever existed in history.   
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 17, 2014, 11:40:20 PM
i hear that in New York Cryptocurriency now is legal..  Roll Eyes
Activity: 759
December 11, 2014, 06:25:21 PM
In poland Bitcoin officially is not payment method or investment from legally point of view so you don't have to pay taxes too
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
December 11, 2014, 03:18:59 PM
As far as i know Czech Republic and Slovakia doesn't have btc taxed.
Activity: 1
December 02, 2014, 09:15:04 PM
Greetings to master coiner of all , I want to ask , I have cashout with the value 0.18794 MBTC . but after cashout is no description PENDING . how can I resolve this problem ? I participated in CoinAD . Do CoinAD SCAM ?
Activity: 224
December 01, 2014, 02:19:09 AM

Philippines  Smiley it has no tax  Grin
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I <3 VW Beetles
May 18, 2014, 04:49:02 PM
How would the government be able to tax you anyway?

As for the topic, I don't think the Netherlands has any specific taxes for Bitcoin, yet.
legendary
Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608
May 10, 2014, 03:18:57 AM
I search on Google for the list of countries with no taxes on Bitcoin. It only showing legality of Bitcoin by countries. And also showing the link of this thread. So can anyone provide the list of countries with no Bitcoin taxes.

I would say that, for 2013 and possibly 2014, Denmark is tax-free. However, Denmark is a bit too risky for tax purposes in the future (and possibly in the present), since it is one of the highest taxed countries in the world.

Germany seems to be tax-free if your bitcoins are held for over one year, but some loopholes make the future and the present uncertain.

There are some other countries, such as United Arab Emirates and Barbados, with no capital gains tax, which could apply to bitcoins, but once again, uncertainty is looming there.

The best option (IMO, not sure here, either) for EU nationals is Bulgaria. 10% taxes on Bitcoin profits, no difference with other assets, officially published by Bulgarian National Revenue Agency, lowest taxes in EU and  Double Taxation Treaties signed with several countries, i.e. no tax haven.

Once again, I insist, lots of uncertainty on these legal matters. Nothing is final and unexpected consequences may arise.
Activity: 155
May 10, 2014, 12:56:41 AM
I search on Google for the list of countries with no taxes on Bitcoin. It only showing legality of Bitcoin by countries. And also showing the link of this thread. So can anyone provide the list of countries with no Bitcoin taxes.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
May 08, 2014, 05:30:38 PM

Coindesk maintain a handy list of the legal and tax status of Bitcoin in various countries (although you have to scroll half way down the page as the first half is just about the US).  There are still plenty of countries like New Zealand that don't appear to have set any official guidelines on tax, but even so, they'll probably still class any profits you make as taxable. Unless a country has explicitly stated that it's exempt from tax, it's safer to declare it than not if you've made any profits. 

Aside from Denmark and Germany, the only other one that seems to come close is Singapore.  Singapore doesn't tax it if you're using it as an asset, but does tax it if you use it like a currency.
Activity: 42
May 08, 2014, 03:48:54 AM
I read that the Department of Taxation of Denmark stated that it will consider transactions with Bitcoin as a personal matter of citizens and won't tax results from such operations. At the same time, companies whose main activity is associated with cryptocurrencies will be taxed in the usual manner in accordance with the income and expenditure.
So I wouldn't say that Denmark is a country with no Bitcoin taxes
Activity: 4
May 07, 2014, 06:19:54 AM
Bitcoin is quite tough in China since the beginning of 2014```
Activity: 168
May 05, 2014, 06:42:41 PM
I'm quite sure nobody in the Italian government has ever heard of Bitcoins (or cryptocurrencies at all); for sure, nobody has either officially or unofficially said anything about them.

Profits from Bitcoin trading might be taxed as capital gains, but, this being Italy, nobody is ever quite sure what gets actually taxed, how and when...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
May 05, 2014, 05:48:30 PM
I think basically any country that hasn't come out in the news and said "we are taxing bitcoin"  is still safe from the tax man for the time being.

As stands, it looks like most of the first world countries are taxing BTC, whereas 2nd and 3rd world countries can still get away with having to declare BTC
Pages:
Jump to: