Pages:
Author

Topic: Country backed coins, a good idea? - page 4. (Read 488 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 0
May 21, 2018, 12:15:51 AM
This may not be good if a crypto coin is in control, but if it aims to capitalize on the development of crypto in the country and benefit from the development of Blockchain technology.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
May 20, 2018, 11:55:35 PM
What do you guys think in a near future there gonna be coins like "Bit-America" or "Canada-coin", backed up by public assets, would that be a good idea
There's one already the "Petro Coin" a coin from Venezuela.
I would invest if these big countries will make their own coins but I doubt that they would do. They are against to crypto's so why would they create one?
Another thing is this is not the section for this topic, move it to altcoin.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
May 20, 2018, 11:36:44 PM
No it'll be fiat packed in a new form there'll be nothing new except it'll be slow and sluggish won't give you returns but will take your money away, plus make you pay taxes. I don't understand what good is such a coin going to be but I feel government should not spend money on this. They should spend on development and all. This is a big no from the view point of public, spending public money on useless project.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
May 20, 2018, 11:33:13 PM
will there be such coins? yes, this has already started and some countries have even released their own coin and so many others are thinking about it.
is it a good idea? it is hard to say. there is a lot of benefits in a cryptocurrency and it can be very useful but it is a little strange to see the centralized version of a technology that was created to be decentralized. i guess we first will see coins in some countries such as Venezuela, India,... as a testing ground and then if it were successful the others will follow. 2018-2019 will be very interesting years for that matter.
Activity: 105
May 20, 2018, 11:27:21 PM
I think it's a very good idea if the state or government uses Blockchain technology to create their own coin, and yet I think the country's coin must also be under a bitcoin platform
Activity: 340
Merit: 10
May 20, 2018, 11:24:07 PM
That is not good for our investors.  that only benefits the government of that country.  It was a bad idea
Activity: 119
May 20, 2018, 11:18:14 PM
If there is a coin that will be supported by the country I think it is good also for the development of the world of crypto.
Activity: 458
Merit: 10
May 20, 2018, 11:03:46 PM
It seems that it is not good if I think, because we know that crypto coin can not be controlled by anyone or government.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
May 20, 2018, 10:53:28 PM
No, they're the only one who will benefit at all. Manipulation of the price will be at peak and a centralized cryptocurrency? No, this will break the whole concept of cryptocurrency. Look at what had happened Petro token of Venezuela's government. Its an example of how a corrupt government of some countries took advantage of their powers when dealing with their so-called own-made crypto/token.
Activity: 8
May 20, 2018, 10:15:07 PM
That is great if it happens. We will not need cash to buy anything.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
May 20, 2018, 10:12:06 PM
It will be a good idea for the governments but not so great for us..
They will be able to manipulate them as they please just as the current fiat currencies are and be able to track you even more than before..
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu
May 20, 2018, 10:06:37 PM
What do you guys think in a near future there gonna be coins like "Bit-America" or "Canada-coin", backed up by public assets, would that be a good idea
Pages:
Jump to: