Pages:
Author

Topic: CPC Electronics - is it legit? - page 2. (Read 49951 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
January 05, 2013, 05:00:28 PM
Have you tried reporting this scam to the local police? They must have a cyber/economic crime unit, and may be able to get warrants for ISP information. Chances are slim, but it's not impossible.
According to the answer i got from The Manchester City Council Tradings Standards Office (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1434088  ) this can only be done by a resident from the UK.
I am a victim from the Netherlands. Because the crime is done in the UK for me the only thing I can do and have already done is fill in a complain to the "Europees Consumenten Centrum". I will be informed about the status this complain soon according to the online form I have filled in.
Alright. I thought you could report it to your local police. They should be able to interface with the Interpol or directly with the police in England. This is clearly an ongoing fraud, offering non-existing products priced in $, accepting only irreversible payments through the Bitcoin network. They should get nailed hard.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
January 05, 2013, 04:48:06 PM
Have you tried reporting this scam to the local police? They must have a cyber/economic crime unit, and may be able to get warrants for ISP information. Chances are slim, but it's not impossible.
According to the answer i got from The Manchester City Council Tradings Standards Office (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1434088  ) this can only be done by a resident from the UK.
I am a victim from the Netherlands. Because the crime is done in the UK for me the only thing I can do and have already done is fill in a complain to the "Europees Consumenten Centrum". I will be informed about the status this complain soon according to the online form I have filled in.
January 05, 2013, 04:40:35 PM
Today I filled a new case to the "Europees Consumenten Centrum"   http://www.eccnl.eu/page/en.
They are gonna investigate this case.
It is really clear for me that I am robbed for 72.109 BTC :-(
If you investigate the transfer: http://blockchain.info/address/1Fva7yv31SET3n7fBhqyRZSjAiVQ8Rj3Zg it is clear that just little over an hour has passed before the scammer withdraw-ed the amount in two transactions.
To be continued

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 05, 2013, 01:26:21 PM
Today I filled a new case to the "Europees Consumenten Centrum"   http://www.eccnl.eu/page/en.
If you investigate the transfer: http://blockchain.info/address/1Fva7yv31SET3n7fBhqyRZSjAiVQ8Rj3Zg it is clear that just little over an hour has passed before the scammer withdraw-ed the amount in two transactions.
To be continued

Wow, they got you for that much? Very sorry to hear that.  Undecided

Try not to feel too bad... when I was about 15 years old I spent about $800 (practically every penny I had) to order this really expensive paintball gun. I ordered from a website I had dealt with several times, and believed it was safe. But it just so happened they "went out of business" and declared bankruptcy after taking everyone's Christmas season orders and I got screwed. Reported them to authorities and nothing was ever done about it.  Sad
January 05, 2013, 12:55:52 PM
To be continued
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
January 04, 2013, 08:42:22 AM
The Manchester City Council Tradings Standards Office is now looking into this. Any victims please contact [email protected] referencing complaint # 047774

I have mailed to the person you mentioned. Got this answer:
Dear Mr

Manchester Trading Standards acts for Consumers in Manchester however I have contacted this office address in Manchester this company is not trading from there and has never traded there.

As your transaction was on line any potential offences would have been committed where you are. I suggest you contact any enforcement agencies Police / Trading Standards in your country. you may also consider contacting your bank/card issuer as they may be able to reclaim the monies.

Sorry I cannot be of any further help.

Damn, bureaucracy strikes again.
January 04, 2013, 08:31:57 AM
Niko, if you have read this thread carefully then you should have noticed that there is at least one victim reported to the TSO.
Just searched this thread for "tso" and for "order" and failed to find the victim. Would you please point to the specific post?
Hi,
I am the victim: Posted it here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1432754
Thanks for clarifying.
January 04, 2013, 08:21:38 AM
The Manchester City Council Tradings Standards Office is now looking into this. Any victims please contact [email protected] referencing complaint # 047774

I have mailed to the person you mentioned. Got this answer:
Dear Mr

Manchester Trading Standards acts for Consumers in Manchester however I have contacted this office address in Manchester this company is not trading from there and has never traded there.

As your transaction was on line any potential offences would have been committed where you are. I suggest you contact any enforcement agencies Police / Trading Standards in your country. you may also consider contacting your bank/card issuer as they may be able to reclaim the monies.

Sorry I cannot be of any further help.

Paul Minshaw
Neighbourhood Officer - Trading Standards

Citywide Support Team
Manchester City Council
1Hammerstone Rd
Gorton
Manchester
M18 8EQ
Tel :0161 234 1556
Fax:0161 957 8379
[email protected]
www.manchester.gov.co.uk
January 04, 2013, 08:19:29 AM
Niko, if you have read this thread carefully then you should have noticed that there is at least one victim reported to the TSO.
Just searched this thread for "tso" and for "order" and failed to find the victim. Would you please point to the specific post?
Hi,
I am the victim: Posted it here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1432754
Activity: 234
Merit: 101
January 04, 2013, 08:11:24 AM

....At this point TSO would appreciate a victim to step forward (by monitoring the wallet adress we know there is at least one) to supply them with more information.

January 04, 2013, 08:02:51 AM
January 04, 2013, 02:16:10 AM
January 04, 2013, 01:50:03 AM
No victim, no crime?  It appears that so far nobody fell for this scam, and without victims stepping forward, authorities will not act. Fair enough. In the meantime, we should try and guess who is behind this, per Phinn's suggestion. Writing style, misspellings, mindset...

Hmmm... I dunno if I agree with the "no victim, no crime" logic... Something like using a drug or hiring a prostitute would be a "victimless crime", but in this case these people are actually attempting to do real harm to others. If you shoot at someone you don't get off the hook if you miss... nor does a kidnapper get off the hook because the little girl got away. By the same logic, I don't think a thief should be off the hook because they failed to steal -- they tried, and thus are guilty.
January 04, 2013, 01:46:47 AM
Now we need to figure out which Bitcoiner was behind this endeavor. I'm pretty sure he/she is a member of this forum.

That is highly likely. Perhaps even posting in this thread under a code-name like "Phinnaeus"... just kidding!  Cheesy

But you're probably right and the perps are among us...
Activity: 196
January 03, 2013, 10:17:31 PM
No victim, no crime?  It appears that so far nobody fell for this scam, and without victims stepping forward, authorities will not act. Fair enough. In the meantime, we should try and guess who is behind this, per Phinn's suggestion. Writing style, misspellings, mindset...

Why waste time?
It is likely they used a CC/paypal to pay for the domain hosting.
Just pass the domain register/hosting to the  TS in Manchester & visa versa, get them talking then the person with the case can pull the details back from the TS in Manchester and we can spread the love around, ESP. if we can tie the name/cc to a bit-coin chain.
January 03, 2013, 06:28:30 PM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
January 03, 2013, 06:11:55 PM
Great, I'm glad to see some progress! Please keep us all posted on how it goes and I'm here if you want help!  Smiley

Now we need to figure out which Bitcoiner was behind this endeavor. I'm pretty sure he/she is a member of this forum.

~Bruno K~
January 03, 2013, 03:25:31 PM
Great, I'm glad to see some progress! Please keep us all posted on how it goes and I'm here if you want help!  Smiley
Activity: 101
January 03, 2013, 03:22:38 PM
"violatilty of the bitcoin market"?! LOL
January 03, 2013, 02:45:36 PM
As formerly described I have contacted the Trading Standards Office with the evidence collected by BTCTalk in the three seperate CPC threads thus far. The TSO has confirmed that there is no company CPC Electronics registered in Manchester and that no company like that exists at the adress they supposedly exist at. At this point TSO would appreciate a victim to step forward (by monitoring the wallet adress we know there is at least one) to supply them with more information.
I have just sent a mail to [email protected], subject complaint # 047774 and explained my case. I asked Mr. Minshaw if the information I provided was clear and to keep me informed of this case. To be continued....
Pages:
Jump to: