Pages:
Author

Topic: CPU mining is still alive and kicking! - page 2. (Read 1416 times)

Activity: 451
Merit: 269
December 14, 2017, 06:36:13 PM
is it worth nowdays to combine several raspberry pi3 to mine?

No...proof of stake maybe...but not mining
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
December 14, 2017, 06:12:05 PM
is it worth nowdays to combine several raspberry pi3 to mine?
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
December 14, 2017, 05:37:38 PM
I've been mining Credits and Dynamic which are both cpu only coins and ive been getting good results.
Im going to check out this coin and see what results i get, hopefully its profitable

Can you pls define what good results actually mean?
Activity: 16
December 14, 2017, 05:18:39 PM
Seems like there are many coins which are CPU mineable only, which are decentralised in a good way!

Any list available to find all the new CPU mineable coins?? any channels/groups sharing this info across??

Also any upcoming less difficulty coins which are mineable by GPU??

The thing is, those lists are well picked over, the coins on it are hard to mine now, due to the difficulty.
Verium is still very well mineable, but we are noticing an increase in interest and the community is growing.
If it is picked up by the mainstream miners, you will be too late!
December 14, 2017, 05:12:34 PM
Do you think it's easy to set up CPU mining on a GPU mining rig ? Or do you think the CPU mining running at the same time will decrease the overall efficiency of the GPU mining ?

i suggest you mine Electroneum with ur CPU. Thats what im doing Smiley Not getting much but my computer is always on anyway so might aswell Cheesy 10 ETN / day. I think value will increase in the future.

Would you have a software to suggest to mine ETN ?  Grin

Okay, well a CPU has threads too, so an average i7 has 8 threads, you can set it up so it uses 7 threads, keep 1 thread available for any other stuff going on, including with mining
Activity: 11
December 14, 2017, 03:31:27 PM
I've been working on CPU mining for a long time. I think it's for someone who does not have that much money for a very expensive graphics card and just wants to make a few bucks along the way, the easiest thing to do is run their PC. Unfortunately, there are not so many coins where you can really believe that you can earn something more than its electricity costs. I also found ROI https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annroi-roi-coin-cpu-only-solo-mining-hybrid-15-pos-593-term-deposit-2361848 or Hodl https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-hodl-5-interest-no-staking-req-term-deposits-10-solo-mining-1317918 or Dynamic . I think that even with these CPU Coins maybe can not rich, but the next vacation or the small car is quite possible.

Sorry for my bad englisch ....

Guru

Activity: 294
Merit: 16
December 14, 2017, 03:26:07 PM
Ryzen any good at this?
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
nvOC forever
December 14, 2017, 03:24:39 PM
Seems like there are many coins which are CPU mineable only, which are decentralised in a good way!

Any list available to find all the new CPU mineable coins?? any channels/groups sharing this info across??

Also any upcoming less difficulty coins which are mineable by GPU??
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
December 14, 2017, 02:55:38 PM
I've been mining Credits and Dynamic which are both cpu only coins and ive been getting good results.
Im going to check out this coin and see what results i get, hopefully its profitable
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
December 14, 2017, 02:41:57 PM
Do you think it's easy to set up CPU mining on a GPU mining rig ? Or do you think the CPU mining running at the same time will decrease the overall efficiency of the GPU mining ?

i suggest you mine Electroneum with ur CPU. Thats what im doing Smiley Not getting much but my computer is always on anyway so might aswell Cheesy 10 ETN / day. I think value will increase in the future.

Would you have a software to suggest to mine ETN ?  Grin
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
December 14, 2017, 02:31:51 PM
CPU mining is kicking hash and taking coins.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
December 14, 2017, 02:02:57 PM
If electroneum is minable you can mine with your computer but if you play with the loss and the cputer lagging with the CPU cores. We can mine the some cheap coins with the minergate and with the hllelp of your computer and GPU you have added to it too.
So avoid the CPU Mining and if you ready to invest your fund in the mining with the graphic cards means it is profitable now also.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 14, 2017, 01:48:54 PM
Activity: 276
Merit: 13
December 14, 2017, 01:02:39 PM
I bought myself a server with four CPU just for CPU mining.
Right now I am mining Credits which has OK profitability with CPU only mining.
Other options I have looked at is Yenten, Aeon and Verium.
There are also some cryptonight coins (good for both GPU and CPU).

You ca mine with CPU and GPU simultaneously and you still need a CPU to run GPU so why not mine with the CPU too?
December 14, 2017, 07:40:55 AM
The fact is correct about mining becoming less profitable when it is possible to mine a coin using gpu along with cpu. So, cpu mining will be around but I don't think it will superseed gpu mining opponents.

Well, you have to start somewhere and getting this ball rolling, is interesting. Because who says it can't have potential Smiley
Plus I know there are a lot of miners out there that are sweating their (redacted) off with GPU mining, while most CPU's are just almost idle....I smell potential haha
Activity: 476
December 14, 2017, 07:15:46 AM
The fact is correct about mining becoming less profitable when it is possible to mine a coin using gpu along with cpu. So, cpu mining will be around but I don't think it will superseed gpu mining opponents.
December 14, 2017, 07:05:57 AM
actually I do not see many difference between Cryptonight algo - like monero, etn and this verium?
I mean in terms of money the cpu bring you when mining
so it there something special about verium why do I need to change? ))

The difference is Cryptonight and Scrypt2.....it's a different algo, memory intensive and all the tech stuff that you could ask on the slack channel, posted above.
Also, when a coin is GPU minable, the CPU become less effective in comparison......Verium can't be mined with a GPU....so the plain is even
Activity: 420
December 14, 2017, 05:24:31 AM
actually I do not see many difference between Cryptonight algo - like monero, etn and this verium?
I mean in terms of money the cpu bring you when mining
so it there something special about verium why do I need to change? ))
December 14, 2017, 04:50:09 AM
BiblePay (BBP), CPU Mining Only coin

True, but this coin has a small value to it and is being traded with small volumes. Verium has a bigger potential right now and is very well mineable
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
December 13, 2017, 01:43:16 PM
BiblePay (BBP), CPU Mining Only coin
Pages:
Jump to: