Pages:
Author

Topic: Crazydane's 32 kw solar array build feeding 16 kw worth of miners - page 3. (Read 6474 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hi Dane, also saw your video on Vosk's channel and very impressed.

I know you addressed building bank with your power company, and I have a similar arrangement (but much smaller one) using Solar City that came with the house when I purchased it -- but I have been recently interested in the idea of building a powerwall.

As stated, batteries are quite expensive - to run 15 cards drawing 200w each, I would need 10,000 cells, and you are lucky to get those at a dollar a cell plus panels to charge them.

Would you ever consider this ? Sounds like you have a fine plan as it is, but if the grid goes down (which it rarely does) you have only that generator. Thoughts?
Activity: 178
Merit: 10
Hi. this is a little off subject. But i was wondering what kind of internet service you have, since it seems that your living in a remote area? fiber optic cable, satellite, phone service?

On topic!
Activity: 1
Dane,  I will not refer to you as CrazyDane since you are obviously sharper than most walking around stealing oxygen...
Great job you inspire me to get wife approved [roject done....
Activity: 254
Merit: 109
I had the awesome opportunity and truly pleasure to tour CrazyDane's mining farm and have him talk about his setup -- for those interested check it out here!

https://youtu.be/V2fhHdeN_5E

What an awesome project!

Great video Vosk! Always enjoy seeing the community come together!
Activity: 1
Hi. this is a little off subject. But i was wondering what kind of internet service you have, since it seems that your living in a remote area? fiber optic cable, satellite, phone service?
Activity: 325
Merit: 110
I had the awesome opportunity and truly pleasure to tour CrazyDane's mining farm and have him talk about his setup -- for those interested check it out here!

Great job guys. Good video - thanks for sharing Dane.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167

Awesome video vosk! Like your work on this, plus on building mining rigs and talking about zencash and other topics. Keep the videos coming!
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
ah so cool to see Cheesy working on the video as I type this!

Great video VoskCoin was nice to see how the solar setup complemented his pretty extensive mining rigs. That what you call a nice hobby set up Smiley
Activity: 21
Hi,

I watched your video on the VoskCoin Youtube channel. Really impressive stuff. Wishing u all the best.  Smiley

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Don't know if you'd be too keen on telling everyone here, but would you be able to give me a rough estimate on the ROI that you're expecting here? Maybe even with an amount of money that you're pulling down on a weekly basis on pure profit?

I don't think you included it in your post, if you did I am sorry! -- Trying to see if mining is for me as I do have access to a good amount of free power.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
See the two lp tanks  I assume they are filled time to time.

Can  you build a  blast/fire wall?

Yes, they are topped off about twice a year.  Interesting idea about building a blast/fire wall.  Will definitely look into that if I don't end up just removing them.

Reason I might just get rid of them is that I plan to move all my mining rigs down to the shop come spring, and plan build a dedicated mining room within the shop that will have hot and cold isles and vent to the outside.  The inlet will be very close to where those propane tanks are.  While some rigs will go back up to the house next winter, enough will stay behind to keep the shop building frost fee.

I am getting a replacement  msi 1070 water block today.  last card leaked

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-1070-HAWK-GTX_1070_SEA_HAWK_EK_X/dp/B01HBG0VY0/ref=sr_1_5?

Damn those are expensive right now!

It arrived do you want it?  At oem  not rip off price.  if you do shoot me a pm.

You got me into water blocks this style is a little too hard for me.

I do have a lot of msu sea hawk with corsair coolers factory prebuilt
and a lot of evga hybrid's

but old school wb's  are not for me.
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
Thanks for putting the video together Vosk!  It was a lot of fun.

@ x299  My system is grid tied.  So I draw power from it at night and anytime during the day when I consume more than I use.  On sunny days, I push quite a bit back onto the grid, despite what my miners consume.

The solar gateways allow me to track the production from each array.  Here's a snapshot from around noon on the 15th:

Roof array:

24 panel ground array:

48 panel ground array:

So how much sun there is on a given day has, as you would expect, a huge impact on the power being produced.

Also, I still got a couple of inverters to test on the 48 panel array as only 43 of 48 are reporting as seen above.
Activity: 90
And from all these solar panels you use 12 hours / day, at night what do you do?
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
 Shocked Shocked

this is an amazing work....

congrats mate...

no words...................
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
ah so cool to see Cheesy working on the video as I type this!
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
I'm from Denmark originally, but reside in the U.S. in central Virginia these days.  Those are the Blue Ridge Mountains you can see in some of the pics.  We don't have mountains like that in Denmark.  The tallest "mountain" if you can even call it that, is 561 feet.   Shocked

To be fair the tallest mountain in the appalachians is Mount Mitchell at nearly 6700 feet. Still not that tall but it not some little hill lol.
I'm from Denmark originally, but reside in the U.S. in central Virginia these days.  Those are the Blue Ridge Mountains you can see in some of the pics.  We don't have mountains like that in Denmark.  The tallest "mountain" if you can even call it that, is 561 feet.   Shocked
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Holy shit im impressed man! Where in the world is this? Could one make reference to your nickname here on the forum? Denmark? If it is, you are one great neighbour! With the solar hours in the north i have my doubts but you prolly have done ur homework.
See the two lp tanks  I assume they are filled time to time.

Can  you build a  blast/fire wall?

Yes, they are topped off about twice a year.  Interesting idea about building a blast/fire wall.  Will definitely look into that if I don't end up just removing them.

Reason I might just get rid of them is that I plan to move all my mining rigs down to the shop come spring, and plan build a dedicated mining room within the shop that will have hot and cold isles and vent to the outside.  The inlet will be very close to where those propane tanks are.  While some rigs will go back up to the house next winter, enough will stay behind to keep the shop building frost fee.

I am getting a replacement  msi 1070 water block today.  last card leaked

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-1070-HAWK-GTX_1070_SEA_HAWK_EK_X/dp/B01HBG0VY0/ref=sr_1_5?

Damn those are expensive right now!
Pages:
Jump to: