Pages:
Author

Topic: Creating a real wallet for bitcoins - page 2. (Read 2427 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
August 03, 2011, 11:26:42 PM
Ideally it would be the size of a credit card. But I don't think the technology is quite there yet.

Well, if we could stick a camera into this thing, we would wear it as a watch: http://liliputing.com/2011/08/wimm-labs-unveils-1-inch-wearable-android-device.html
Activity: 156
Merit: 102
August 03, 2011, 10:38:10 PM
Ideally it would be the size of a credit card. But I don't think the technology is quite there yet.
August 03, 2011, 10:36:26 PM
An exclusive device would be useless like that device made only for tweeting released the past year.

Well, you may be right. But what if you don't have battery on your phone and you need to make a payment? Sometimes is nice to have different devices for different tasks. And having a wallet is different from being able to tweet...

But I agree. A phone is large and we already have one to carry around.

I had the same idea, but I probably don't have time to pursue the project: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/suggestion-turning-a-nexus-s-into-a-bitcoin-only-device-28923

Well... you had exactly the same idea. Tongue Sending/receiving payments with this would be really simple (I bet my mom could do it!) and it would secure your wallet (I didn't thought of the cloud backup though, but it's an obvious and essential addition).

I liked that comment about kindle. Having battery for 1 month sounds good Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
August 03, 2011, 10:32:36 PM
I think it would be a great idea to create a real wallet for bitcoins. Instead of locking up a computer inside a safe or writing down private keys, why not create a device just for sending and receiving bitcoins?

The first thing that came to my mind when I thought of this was: android phones. I can buy a cheap android at ebay ($60 or $70 maybe? and the price is coming down...), install bitcoin and use it like a real wallet. Of course it would be better if there was a special "Android Bitcoin Edition" with extra security.

Are there any plans to create a device with such functionality? And does anyone use an Android phone as a wallet?

I hope that whoever develops this great idea, has UABB's stamp of approval.

Activity: 156
Merit: 102
August 03, 2011, 09:40:06 PM
I had the same idea, but I probably don't have time to pursue the project: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/suggestion-turning-a-nexus-s-into-a-bitcoin-only-device-28923
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1
August 03, 2011, 09:38:06 PM
I would like a .jar app to  make payments and receive it

An exclusive device would be useless like that device made only for tweeting released the past year.
August 03, 2011, 09:29:13 PM
I think it would be a great idea to create a real wallet for bitcoins. Instead of locking up a computer inside a safe or writing down private keys, why not create a device just for sending and receiving bitcoins?

The first thing that came to my mind when I thought of this was: android phones. I can buy a cheap android at ebay ($60 or $70 maybe? and the price is coming down...), install bitcoin and use it like a real wallet. Of course it would be better if there was a special "Android Bitcoin Edition" with extra security.

Are there any plans to create a device with such functionality? And does anyone use an Android phone as a wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: