Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 5. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
Is there a way to upgrade from v0.9.1.74 to the most recent version without losing all the blocks? Last time i did it claimed the blockchains are corrupted. Or is that update without problems on that level?

You should be able to upgrade to 0.9.1.75 from 0.9.1.74 without any problems. If you want to be really sure, make a security backup of the whole working directory beforehand (just copy the whole Credits dir and name the copy Credits_backup).
Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
My deepest apologies for being absent as of recently.

I'm now back and will answer all questions that have piled up here in this thread, I'll get through them one by one as soon as I can.

I'll also try to broaden the promotion for the coin, to try to widen the awareness. Our main problem has of course been that it is difficult to reach out. I will really try to change that in the coming time.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Why am I getting 0 connections on my new credits wallet I downloaded? is there a conf file or something that should be there?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Just an idea.

Can we make Credits to be like Identabits? So it is different from bitcoin apart from proof of deposit?

An Australia-based startup has announced plans for a digital currency called Identabit that will enable regulatory acceptance by way of user association. The startup, Thinking Active, characterizes Identabit as the first identity-ensured, decentralized currency. It represents a way to liberate decentralized currencies and will be an alternative to bitcoin, according to a recent press release.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/10/14/identabit-bitcoin-minus-the-anonymity/
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/entrepreneurs-plan-identabit-identity-based-bitcoin-alternative/
Activity: 462
Is there a way to upgrade from v0.9.1.74 to the most recent version without losing all the blocks? Last time i did it claimed the blockchains are corrupted. Or is that update without problems on that level?

You have to download a presynched blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
legendary
Gabriel had some real life shit to do recently but he'll be back in a few hours probably, we have plans for an in-wallet exchange, cutting out the middle man and allowing for 0% fee p2p trading. It's always good to have exposure on an exchange , but c-cex isn't huge. The new wallet is really marketable, it's a lightweight Bitcoin AND Credits wallet, all in the small trimmed working directory.

Just because a coin isn't hyped, doesn't mean it has no value. CRE has a ton of value, and arguably has the highest potential of any crypto in existence right now. I plan on sticking with the coin and community, you never know what might happen. I think it might be useful to get another/multiple other people that can develop for the coin as well, since Gabriel understandably has his hands full doing all the wallet work himself.

Anyways, I'm happy to see you guys around and I'll try to get gabriel in here asap!

LONG LIVE CRE

+1

In all honesty i don't beleive we will be de-listed from c-cex..

But in the event we are. Another exchange will likely take us on.
I'm sitting on my CRE for now until someone develops a service where I can give it to miners for a chunk of their profit..

LONG LIVE CRE

I'll explore that possible service Cheesy
Defo needs a service of some kind. I've bumped volume to just over 3btc and have personally bought nearly 2 btc of coins. I do what I can to help to promote and keep the coin exposed. Let's see

I think gabriel is coding on some nice features that will make credits marketable.

Though one thing about it is that i think credits are exploitable and therefore might never get a high value.

Let's say someone owns 100 bitcoins. He then sends these bitcoins from one address to the next each 10 minutes or each block. 3 months later he will possibly get 100 credits * 6 per hour, * 24 per day = 14400 credits per day.

I think the possibility to artificially raise the amount of credits might be a problem for the valuation of CRE.

Am i wrong?

I believe you are incorrect SebuJ.

Now, It is my understanding that a person *could* take a BTC. Claim the CRE from it. Then sell the BTC on an exchange and purchase another BTC, Then claim the CRE from that one, rinse and repeat.

However. I think the time it would take to do such a thing might be counter productive for profiting in such a way.

Ah right, i meant it that way. Didn't know why i left the exchange part out.

Though yes, the exchange would be needed and that would mean added fees for each transaction. Ingoing and outgoing. You have to beat the fee first. Then it would be work, timewise. Even though there are exchanges that only need one confirmation.

And it would be a risk since you don't know what the price of CRE will be in 3 months. At least when this timeframe will remain the same.

So when thinking that over, the low price of CRE makes it not viable at the moment. But i think it somehow means that the price can't go higher than a certain level. That would be when this kind of "work" would actually be worth it. More would do it and pushing the price down when selling the CRE to get their payout.

Though credits are far away from that yet.

I think gabriel is coding on some nice features that will make credits marketable.

Though one thing about it is that i think credits are exploitable and therefore might never get a high value.

Let's say someone owns 100 bitcoins. He then sends these bitcoins from one address to the next each 10 minutes or each block. 3 months later he will possibly get 100 credits * 6 per hour, * 24 per day = 14400 credits per day.

I think the possibility to artificially raise the amount of credits might be a problem for the valuation of CRE.

Am i wrong?

Now, It is my understanding that a person *could* take a BTC. Claim the CRE from it. Then sell the BTC on an exchange and purchase another BTC, Then claim the CRE from that one, rinse and repeat.

However. I think the time it would take to do such a thing might be counter productive for profiting in such a way.

With 1 bitcion, you can buy 20k CRE, it is much easier than to use 100 bitcoin and claim the 20k CRE 200 times.
Activity: 258
Breizh Atao
Credits is removed from the delisting cull by the look of it. Enough volume created to keep it on a bit longer. Sorry
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Gabriel had some real life shit to do recently but he'll be back in a few hours probably, we have plans for an in-wallet exchange, cutting out the middle man and allowing for 0% fee p2p trading. It's always good to have exposure on an exchange , but c-cex isn't huge. The new wallet is really marketable, it's a lightweight Bitcoin AND Credits wallet, all in the small trimmed working directory.

Just because a coin isn't hyped, doesn't mean it has no value. CRE has a ton of value, and arguably has the highest potential of any crypto in existence right now. I plan on sticking with the coin and community, you never know what might happen. I think it might be useful to get another/multiple other people that can develop for the coin as well, since Gabriel understandably has his hands full doing all the wallet work himself.

Anyways, I'm happy to see you guys around and I'll try to get gabriel in here asap!

LONG LIVE CRE

+1

I'm sitting on my CRE for now until someone develops a service where I can give it to miners for a chunk of their profit..

LONG LIVE CRE

Defo needs a service of some kind. I've bumped volume to just over 3btc and have personally bought nearly 2 btc of coins. I do what I can to help to promote and keep the coin exposed. Let's see

Am i wrong?

legendary

LONG LIVE CRE

+1

LONG LIVE CRE

Am i wrong?
Breizh Atao

LONG LIVE CRE

+1

LONG LIVE CRE

Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

LONG LIVE CRE

+1

LONG LIVE CRE

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer

LONG LIVE CRE

+1

LONG LIVE CRE
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

LONG LIVE CRE
Breizh Atao
Can you trade yourself and make the daily average volume to be over 0.2 btc? The cost is 0.4% of of 0.2 btc.
So why don't you do it? At least I'm buying and accumulating but I'll start probably increasing the volume soon.
Can you trade yourself and make the daily average volume to be over 0.2 btc? The cost is 0.4% of of 0.2 btc.
Breizh Atao
What are the plans for the future Gabriel?

I've put 1.2 BTC in it this week to try to save it but since nobody else is willing to put their cash where their mouth is I don't think I can do that much. Are we heading to another exchange or is it end of the road for this coin?

I don't have 1.2 BTC to put in, but I hope not.......  lot of work and time went into this, on everyone's part......
Yes a lot of time and work from Gabriel mainly but not much btc from anyone else, lots of noise from some but nothing else.
Maybe if everyone could put 0.05btc it would help? Or is that too much?
Activity: 289

I've put 1.2 BTC in it this week to try to save it but since nobody else is willing to put their cash where their mouth is I don't think I can do that much. Are we heading to another exchange or is it end of the road for this coin?

I don't have 1.2 BTC to put in, but I hope not.......  lot of work and time went into this, on everyone's part......
Breizh Atao

Pages:
Jump to: