Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminal life is easier - page 2. (Read 470 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 1
October 04, 2018, 03:46:13 PM
right, this cannot be avoided, maybe later there will be a new system to change crypto to be better, I think only a few criminals use crypto to transact,
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
October 04, 2018, 03:39:16 PM
How do you think: does crypto make criminal life much easier? We all know that criminals use crypto to sell drugs, guns, people and everything else. Did crypto make doing such things easier? Earlier criminals had to think how to keep their anonymity and get paid, how launder their money, how to not get catched with this. But now they can just use crypto and all the headache about this financial troubles passed away. Of course there is much bigger positive points of crypto and not every user of crypto is a criminal, but anyway are you worried about this? Criminals also worsen the reputation of crypto that is not really stable itself.
You write as if many people are now engaged in arms trafficking and selling large quantities of drugs. After all, to buy or sell small lots, hardly anyone will use the cryptocurrency. For smaller lots, it's better to use cash. I do not think that the emergence of cryptocurrency significantly increased the level of crime. This is a contrived topic.
Activity: 297
October 04, 2018, 03:26:11 PM
How do you think: does crypto make criminal life much easier? We all know that criminals use crypto to sell drugs, guns, people and everything else. Did crypto make doing such things easier? Earlier criminals had to think how to keep their anonymity and get paid, how launder their money, how to not get catched with this. But now they can just use crypto and all the headache about this financial troubles passed away. Of course there is much bigger positive points of crypto and not every user of crypto is a criminal, but anyway are you worried about this? Criminals also worsen the reputation of crypto that is not really stable itself.
Crypto currency is only a tool. They do not make anyone bad or good. People who are looking for ways to commit crimes will find them without cryptocurrency.

I totaly agree with what you said, as it is up to the individual whether they would use something to do good or bad things. And not just bad things but also in daily life as we could use money or even information against a person or use both of it for the greater good, it is just that we do not know the individual who does these thing unless they are already done.
Activity: 294
October 04, 2018, 03:16:08 PM
Criminals currently feel safe with crypto, but they are not.
Only if you use anonymous coins, it makes sense to use crypto.
Otherwise it will make it easier for the authorities, because the blockchain stores all transactions.
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke
October 04, 2018, 03:09:26 PM
considering what kind of market is volatile, I don’t think that cryptocurrencies make life easier for criminals. Yes, on the one hand, transactions can be anonymous, but on the other, their amount can fall by 30% in minutes which in turn is not very profitable for criminals
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
October 04, 2018, 03:01:35 PM
Yes, cryptocurrency is not as simple as it seems. And many do not understand this, then simply leave it. But cryptocurrency world love the strong! And only people with a strong spirit and nerves can achieve a lot. And become the winner in this game.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 04, 2018, 02:52:05 PM
what if in the future there will be way of knowing if it is connected with dirty stuff or not? what if there'll be some kind of fingermarks checking before entering crypto space?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
October 04, 2018, 02:46:55 PM
Well, anonymity has always been attracted. And criminal cases are easier to do. When it will be possible to pay for cryptocurrencies in stores through the card. That will be all much easier for everyone. But only now criminals profitable.

It's a controversial topic. On the one hand, crypto with its anonymity, untraceable transactions, etc. makes criminals' life easier. But on the other hand, crypto is not intended to help criminals in their hugger-muggery deals.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
October 02, 2018, 03:49:59 PM
There are 2 different kinds of criminals and maybe crypto made it easier for only 1 kind of them which is the type that selling cracks selling pirated copyrights etc, but for the real criminals ( terrors, murders, etc...) I really doubt that what you are saying is true, in fact, I think it is harder for real criminals to use crypto than using fiat money.  I know people will say that deep web full of sick stuff and crypto is involved there I heard that a lot but I am not really familiar with what is in there so my opinion is just based on what I see.
copper member
Activity: 336
October 02, 2018, 03:33:53 PM
I hate to break it to you all but criminals are the reason why crypto is pumping. It's about supply and demand and there is huge demand by criminals. When conventional investors join in, there will be even bigger demand so just be patient for them to join
Activity: 403
Merit: 100
October 02, 2018, 02:00:28 PM
Until now I still believe that crypto is only a tool, as long as people use it in a good way, crime will never occur. We can't control crypto but use it in a good way is worth doing. Just ignore people who use crypto for crime, because bad people have been present before crypto was born.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
October 02, 2018, 01:50:24 PM
I think that cryptocurrencies are more suitable for people who launder money, as well as for people who need to withdraw money offshore.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
October 02, 2018, 01:32:52 PM
I don't think so. because there's a way to prevent these illegal people. like banks. exchange companies keep personal information in the KYC/AML database. a system can filter for guilty people. prevents them from processing. in real life, a criminal does all sorts of things. he gets cash. someone else has a wire transfer. guilty everywhere. this feature can be used for criminals.
Activity: 223
October 02, 2018, 01:32:24 PM
Surely, the cryptocurrency is involved in any kind of criminal schemes, but before that, the dollar did that job. Just by a cryptocurrency is generally easier to pay than with fiat money.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
October 02, 2018, 01:14:46 PM
It wont take long til they are caught. They may not be caught online for being techie in hiding their Identity but one day they'd commit mistake. Low life criminals usually aren't usually knowledgeable on the internet though but those who are, are perhaps believers of crypto as well. They are sort of an investor as they put money into a coin to make transactions.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
October 02, 2018, 01:14:33 PM

That has always been one of the concerns and the talking points of cryptocurrency critics. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how governments plan to address this problem. Atleast now there's a KYC compliance to possibly minimize these illegal activities.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
October 02, 2018, 01:12:19 PM
Crypto or fiat if a person wants to do a crime he can do it in anyway. Crypto's anonymity can be used for illegal transactions same as fiat and I believe this "criminals" you're talking about isn't a big threat, the real criminals that's treath to humanity wear ties.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
October 02, 2018, 01:03:41 PM
Criminal aspect has throughout been a great negative towards the viability of crypto, creating a moral dilemma for many, but with the way technology moves and governmental regulations, this will be curtailed in some way.
Activity: 574
Merit: 15
October 02, 2018, 12:42:32 PM
Recently I read that large investors can buy Bitcoin up to 20% more expensive if it is pristine clean and has not participated in questionable transactions.  Cheesy
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
October 02, 2018, 09:29:40 AM
actually you have a point right here, but we all know that crypto has a good and bright future for us all. and does not intend to bring in or motivate criminals. well i know that all transactions can be traced and all criminals will be caught some day.
Pages:
Jump to: