Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto adoption index 2022 - Chainanalysis - page 2. (Read 239 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 556
September 15, 2022, 11:33:35 AM
Let no one be offended, but to me it seems like a bunch of random nonsense, especially if China is in the top 10, and also Thailand, which banned cryptocurrencies as a means of payment about half a year ago, as well as Turkey, which is on 12 place. What kind of adaptation are they talking about then?
Another thing is Nigeria isn't at least top 3 on P2P trading volume because I've read many articles Nigeria already ban Bitcoin usage, but the citizens transact Bitcoin by P2P. AFAIK India also a fan of banning Bitcoin, how can it's become the top 1 on the 3 category? Also how can El Salvador isn't on the top 1 on retail centralized service because all businesses are getting forced to enable Bitcoin payment.

This is chainalysis which is considered as the best blockchain analysis, how they can collect poor data like this one lol.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
September 15, 2022, 09:49:32 AM
Let no one be offended, but to me it seems like a bunch of random nonsense, especially if China is in the top 10, and also Thailand, which banned cryptocurrencies as a means of payment about half a year ago, as well as Turkey, which is on 12 place. What kind of adaptation are they talking about then?

I can't boast that I live in a country of prosperity or that corruption is not at the level of the worst countries in the world, but when it comes to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, I generally have conditions that are hard to find anywhere in the world - and on this list my country is ranked above 100+. If those doing research went to the field and did real research, then they would get realistic results - theory is one thing, but the actual situation is something completely different.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
September 15, 2022, 08:27:20 AM
It would be a different ranking though if we understand crypto adoption not simply as transactions but as running Bitcoin node or passing Bitcoin or crypto-friendly laws or implementation of Bitcoin-supporting policies and legislations. Bitcoin adoption thrives more in a friendly environment. So tax breaks on Bitcoin, for example, is a strong drive for adoption. Such supportive policies boost the people's confidence. People wouldn't be worrying that the authorities would come in all of a sudden because of their involvement with Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
September 15, 2022, 07:34:42 AM
China are the most unlikely entry for me on the list; with Nigeria, I'm aware that the ban only restricts banks from mediating between crypto transactions, but China have a full on crypto ban, which even affects mining activities in the country, but are ranked #10. Any history on where China was ranked a couple of years ago, before the effect of bans started kicking in?

Vietnam is also a country that comes up very little in crypto discussions, little surprise they are topping the list.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
September 15, 2022, 05:26:10 AM
The US, Canada, India and China both look very big to include in one index like this (it'd be interesting if they split them up into four quadrants or something - or by cities in the case of china).

I imagined adoption by cities in Canada to be similar to that of cities in the US, just there's a lot of extra space and extra population elsewhere where crypto might be less heard of.

Emerging markets look like they're adopting it faster but maybe its an existential thing for them to be able to continue competing with other markets by ensuring they take on new technologies and can adapt to them quite quickly and to preserve their wealth if crypto gets bigger (or if it has since they adopted it).
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
September 15, 2022, 04:02:55 AM

Crypto adoption index 2022 - Chainanalysis

You can click on the above link to see the summary of the report. On the world map included, you can see the extent of the crypto adoption per each country. You can click on any country on the map to see the countries index score and rank.

What is grassroots adoption of cryptocurrency?
Think of it this way: We could easily rank countries by raw cryptocurrency transaction volume, which would give you a straightforward view of where the most cryptocurrency activity is happening. But that’s not what we’re interested in. The goal of our index is to measure where the most people are putting the biggest share of their money into cryptocurrency. While institutional activity is important to that, we also want to highlight the countries where individual, non-professional investors are embracing digital assets the most. You can read our methodology below to learn how we do that, then keep scrolling to see the top 20 of our index. You can also see where any country ranks using the interactive map above.

Methodology used is based on five sub-indexes, 146 countries were ranked between scale of 0 to 1, the ranking from 0 which is the lowest score, to 1 which is the highest score. For the sub-index calculation, countries transaction volume for different services and protocols based on web traffic are estimated.

In order to calculate our sub-indexes, we estimate countries’ cryptocurrency transaction volumes for different services and protocols based on the web traffic patterns of those services’ and protocols’ websites. Relying on web traffic data means that usage of VPNs and other products that mask online activity, but given that our index takes into account hundreds of millions of transactions, VPN usage would need to be extremely widespread to meaningfully skew our data. Experts we interviewed for the report generally agreed that our index matches their perceptions of the markets they operate in, giving us more confidence in the methodology.

The five sub-index used
On-chain cryptocurrency value received at centralized exchanges, weighted by purchasing power parity (PPP) per capita
On-chain retail value received at centralized exchanges, weighted by PPP per capita
Peer-to-peer (P2P) exchange trade volume, weighted by PPP per capita and number of internet users
On-chain cryptocurrency value received from DeFi protocols, weighted by PPP per capita
On-chain retail value received from DeFi protocols, weighted by PPP per capita

One if the key takeaways from the 2022 Crypto Adoption Index is that the overall adoption slows worldwide in bear market, but it remains above pre-bull market levels. But this is how crypto market has been, there are both bull and bear periods, the bear would follow the bull but as the adoption slows down in bear time, it is still above the bull time. This has led to the over increase in crypto adoption since bitcoin was created.

You can read the summary in details:
https://blog.chainalysis.com/reports/2022-global-crypto-adoption-index/
Pages:
Jump to: