Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto and energy consumption - page 6. (Read 893 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116
May 18, 2021, 03:01:08 AM
Same here, light and energy are infinite and yes thanks to science things are more easier for human beings now so I don't see the reason why this is an issue, im already using green energy in my home for years now and my mining farm is running on solar panels and backup only, maybe the war against BTC mining is on already?
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
May 17, 2021, 10:34:04 PM
I don't know why this has suddenly been an issue to burn the whole market down so drastically, crypto mining and energy has always been this way since from day 1, anytime you read about how btc is mined you read about the energy and the way it affects the environment and all, why coming from Elon Musk becomes something new when it is not! We are still very immature in this space.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
May 17, 2021, 10:21:34 PM
Just want to put this out there. What is the problem with crypto mining and energy consumption? Yes, I know you'll raise environment concerns, I get it.

However, consider this: a civilisation is measured by its energy consumption. Before we discovered fire and used any stone tools, the only energy we had was whatever our bodies produced. Then we discovered fire, made tools, invented the wheel, etc. Until now, when we use computers, robots and other machines to help us live. Our life expectancy and quality of life has increased dramatically.

Shouldn't we concentrate our efforts on using clean renewable energy, rather than restrict our use of it?

Frankly, if there is a problem with too much energy consumption, we should go back and live in caves, and hunt in groups.
Pages:
Jump to: