Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto, Cash and Drugs: Crypto Use Grows as Drug Trade Digitalizes - page 2. (Read 247 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 1
I think most of the people who are buying on the darkweb are confident knowing that it won't be traced back to them because it's too challenging. I would imagine companies like Ciphertrace would only start to investigate when there are large amounts of money moving.
Activity: 296
Merit: 12
According to Ciphertrace's report on Anti Money Laundering almost all drugs sold on darknet are bought with crypto. The University of Technology Sydney reports that 46% of illegal activity per year is associated with Bitcoin. I found this article interesting because it is a hot topic of conversation for a lot of people who are quick to judge crypto.

While it makes sense to use unanimous money to purchase drugs, cash seems to remain the largest use for carrying out illicit transactions because it is untraceable. Ciphertrace did point out that 76% of transactions on dark markets are still made with BTC mostly due to it being the most widely known.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Do you think it's going to be a better way to track where money is moving?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-cash-and-drugs-crypto-use-grows-as-drug-trade-digitalizes
Pages:
Jump to: