Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto debit card for FIAT payments - would you use one? - page 4. (Read 645 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
This was done by a local exchange some time in 2014-2016 until Wavecrest holdings (which the exchange gets it prepaid cards from) suspended its operations dealing with cryptocurrencies and exchanges. I'd use one if possible, though I have to put a certain amount of trust to the facilitator if ever, which is a compromise I'd gladly take if I can use crypto for something else. The number of merchants is not increasing and I see that debit cards are a way to go if people want to spend their crypto for something.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
It makes no sense to me to use a crypto related debit card to spend fiat the same way I can spend fiat already with my legacy debit card. I rather convert the coins to fiat myself and then spend them whenever I want.

I might sound a bit like I don't see much utility here, but it doesn't solve a problem because you are still spending fiat and not crypto. You basically put a jacket over something that already works well.

I rather see more merchant adoption accepting crypto currencies for what they are, and not advertise something that has no meaning here. Crypto is here to improve the way we conduct peer to peer payments, not support fiat.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
No,I wouldn't use one.It's pointless.All the crypto-to-fiat conversions for nothing.
I would rather use a crypto debit card for crypto payments and a fiat debit card for fiat payments.
I don't mind the KYC policies,by the way... Grin
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
I'll consider first knowing about the fees. This is everyones concern why we are here. Transferring bitcoin to anotger person isnt expensive so if the fees are competitive and reasonable the Ill try to use one as trial.

It will also depend on the agreement of the card provider, if its very fair and reasonable too then count me in. Id love to spend cryptos for fiat and real world transactions.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
This will be a good news and I know that cryptocurrency fans will happily embrace this development. For this to be successful there are some infrastructures needed, one of the most important of them all is ATM that will dispense the fiat.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
There's a lot of demand for this and there are already people trying to offer this. I personally know of Monaco and Wirex but there are also many others. So the demand is there for sure.

You'll need something that distinguishes you from all of the others.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
Hello,
I'm here to explore the demand for crypto debit card.

The basics behind it is actually very simple:
1. You own some crypto funds on your account on an exchange (crypto/FIAT markets) that has partnered with a debit card provider. You'd have to identify yourself (pass KYC).
2. You get the card. It is a basic mastercard  debit card for FIAT payments. No magic.
3. When you use it, it automatically exchanges your crypto to FIAT based on the amount you're spending. You would even be able prioritize the order in which your crypto is to be exchanged the first, the second, etc.

So, would you use one? 
If yes, would such service motivate you enough to open an account on the exchange that is not (yet) one of the TOP ones?

Disclaimer: I'm a business owner in a position to offer such service. Knowing your opinion would help me a lot. So, thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: