Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto hodling as a form of gambling! - page 8. (Read 1026 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
September 04, 2019, 12:41:54 PM
We can surely say that Hodling Cryptocurrency has risk but it will surely depend on your understanding of things and the project of the given coin you had invested on, But my perspective in Hodling is not the same as yours because I don't consider this as gambling because I haven't settled a large amount in gaining my hodl coins, But with existing project in the forum on the recent years when Airdrops are still profitable and bounty campaigns had a promising deal in supporting their projects, Well in these sense I am not considering it as gambling in my opinion, but surely it is your experience and your opinion regarding the matter.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
September 04, 2019, 12:34:18 PM
[...]

Holding crypto is indeed a gambling. The worst type of gambling - similar to roulette but without even knowing the odds. There is no indicator that you can relay on to increase your chances (every indicator can be faked - see below). You are condemned to the grace of the whales and their vision of price changes.

Hodler strategy risk:

Hodler is buying coins by fundamental (whitepaper, team, code, hype, being unique in specific segment) analysis for very long period. Hodling is a strategy very often suggested for newbies in cryptos (when you are newbie than buy good coins and sell on profit after years - I heard it thousands time). What can go wrong?

1- whitepaper is just a document with words. It can be copied and change a little. Faked. I can create my own whitepaper in which ill write that tomorrow ill be on mt everest.
2-team can be faked with fake twitter account with bought followers
3- code - who of us can check if code is OK? How many of currencies have working code now? Most of them are just concept without working product jet.
4- hype can be bought.
5- being unique didn't give you certainty of being unique forever. 1 month after your investment there can be new ICO with better team, bought hype and with working product delivered faster.
6- you are newbie and you did fundamental analyst wrong or didn't do at all just jump after hype or because someone said that its great investment
7- there are 1600 coins. More than 1400 won't survive next few years because they are not necessary. Your decision must be precised and full of luck

What if any of above will happened? Your investment will continuously goes to 0. And if you are hodler you will never sell until there will be nothing to sell. When you are buying with hodler strategy you are risking 100% of your investment. I don't think there is more risky way.

Trading is more like poker. Its gambling too but you can use your skill to take advantage over others.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50225995
Activity: 3010
Merit: 794
September 04, 2019, 12:24:31 PM

I know some of you had already been on the same kind of experience just like me. Smiley
Some sort of gambling yet we cant be sure on what would be the future of crypto that we had invested in specially if we throw up money into some alts which doesnt have a clear future even this one also applied on Bitcoin itself.We cant be sure on whats ahead yet nothing do last forever but somehow those presumptions we had made in means of investing can really give out significant benefits if we do able to hit it right.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
September 04, 2019, 12:23:36 PM
Ever since I've got into cryptocurrency, I've had several experiences on the  prices on some of my holdings achieved ATH's in a matter of months alone especially on the 2017 bull market and was thankful I didn't sold out early when I got them. Having had a positive feeling about it, I became reluctant to sell some of these cryptos even at the height of its price thinking that I may gain more from them in the future and also believing that this projects have very good fundamentals and does have a room for growth!

Then at the beginning on the 1st quarter of 2018 (which started the period for bearish market), crypto prices nosedived sharply and in a matter of weeks my portfolio begun to shrunk and was reduced significantly but then again I was overpowered by my belief that crypto will have an eventual rebound in which I was wrong! Over a period of short time, I was forced to sell those cryptocurrencies at a significantly lower price and accepted my loss which led me to believe that hodling is indeed a form of gambling and thus has a risk / reward factors associated with it.

Until now, I don't have any regrets but only have lessons learned from this experiences and will remain having a positive outlook on cryptosphere because I know gambling will let us "win some and also lose some".  Smiley

I know some of you had already been on the same kind of experience just like me. Smiley

I won't consider crypto as a gambling in any form or shape! If I have to go by your saying, then I will have to consider every market-linked investment as gambling as well! Crypto is essentially a currency system but due to less adoption and confusing legal status in many countries, people consider it as an investment! Yes, it is true that the crypto investment is more riskier than many other conventional investment, but it is not gambling in any sense! You are not entirely betting against your luck! Considering crypto as gambling is a very wrong way of looking at it! 
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
September 04, 2019, 12:11:45 PM
Ever since I've got into cryptocurrency, I've had several experiences on the  prices on some of my holdings achieved ATH's in a matter of months alone especially on the 2017 bull market and was thankful I didn't sold out early when I got them. Having had a positive feeling about it, I became reluctant to sell some of these cryptos even at the height of its price thinking that I may gain more from them in the future and also believing that this projects have very good fundamentals and does have a room for growth!

Then at the beginning on the 1st quarter of 2018 (which started the period for bearish market), crypto prices nosedived sharply and in a matter of weeks my portfolio begun to shrunk and was reduced significantly but then again I was overpowered by my belief that crypto will have an eventual rebound in which I was wrong! Over a period of short time, I was forced to sell those cryptocurrencies at a significantly lower price and accepted my loss which led me to believe that hodling is indeed a form of gambling and thus has a risk / reward factors associated with it.

Until now, I don't have any regrets but only have lessons learned from this experiences and will remain having a positive outlook on cryptosphere because I know gambling will let us "win some and also lose some".  Smiley

Yes crypto holding is like a gambling because you wait for the price increase of your token, which you just hoping in the future for a price increase. Its really hard to wait, you bet for the coming price increase or not coming.So it's really difficult but if your money wins wow it will multiply according to the value of token you have.
Activity: 924
Merit: 520
September 04, 2019, 11:29:07 AM

Pages:
Jump to: