Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is changing the personal asset management market - page 3. (Read 436 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

There is a big shift coming from institutional management to personal asset management. What do you guys think about this transition? Is it a good or bad thing?

Bitcoin is empowerment or putting the many choices and that power to decide right in the fingertips of each individual, no wonder there remains to be a big boom in the personal asset management side. This niche is growing and will continue to be expanding as the whole industry of cryptocurrency is conquering new markets. Now, because investments carry assumed risks, people have to be educated on many aspects of personal asset management and this is where third-party platforms can be coming in, ensuring that all players are receiving the basic information and of course informed of the many options they can use along the way. Education is the key here and I am assuming that service providers are doing all they can to partake knowledge to their customer base.
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
Good article, couple observations - You're right that there aren't many asset managing firms that work with cyrpto's but I would add that it's slowly changing for the better. Larger financial firms like Goldman Sachs have started entertaining crypto's and I know for a fact that smaller institutions have opened the road to managing and allocating Bitcoin to client accounts.

Last note on the amount of investors. I'd be willing wager that the amount of investors are probably inflated. The amount of people that truly have a significant portion of their investment funds within Bitcoin, or any other crypto for that matter, are probably minimal. Most people have their money tied up in other precious metals and it's likely that people hopped on the bandwagon after the boom in Bitcoin these last few years putting away an extremely minute portion of their funds in BTC and letting it sit.

Again, good article!

I appreciate all the great points! Yes, the move by institutions towards accepting crypto has been slow, but it is happening. Over the course of the next few years, I expect we will continue to see acceptance by these institutions as they develop their own crypto solutions and feel comfortable with the progress of the space.

I agree about the numbers. At this stage it's still difficult to accurately gauge the number of participants in the market, so I hope there will be more studies that look at these numbers.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
Good article, couple observations - You're right that there aren't many asset managing firms that work with cyrpto's but I would add that it's slowly changing for the better. Larger financial firms like Goldman Sachs have started entertaining crypto's and I know for a fact that smaller institutions have opened the road to managing and allocating Bitcoin to client accounts.

Last note on the amount of investors. I'd be willing wager that the amount of investors are probably inflated. The amount of people that truly have a significant portion of their investment funds within Bitcoin, or any other crypto for that matter, are probably minimal. Most people have their money tied up in other precious metals and it's likely that people hopped on the bandwagon after the boom in Bitcoin these last few years putting away an extremely minute portion of their funds in BTC and letting it sit.

Again, good article!
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
Hi Everyone,

I wrote up an article that discusses how cryptocurrency is going to change the personal finance market.

There is a big shift coming from institutional management to personal asset management. What do you guys think about this transition? Is it a good or bad thing?

https://medium.com/@ShrimpyApp/cryptocurrency-will-explode-the-personal-finance-market-61e5669d6221

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think!
Pages:
Jump to: