Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto market is drowning from tokens. - page 4. (Read 532 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 03:41:52 PM
I should say more - some devs name their coins like this just for the reason you described - so unattentive investors buy them instead of what they want. Not a long time ago I found out MonacoCoin which is like Monaco. But it turns good project Grin I should say that not all coins like this can be good. So only the atention of investors, control.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
June 07, 2018, 03:31:07 PM
I 100% agree, there should be standardized tickers. Bitcoin cash being BCH most places but BCC others is a great example.

I'm afraid other than this there isn't much we can do to stop this. And crypto attracts a lot of scams so many coins deliberately try and confuse people.

One thing that might help is if coinbase pulled their finger out and listed more coins/tokens. But really it's up to investors to triple check exactly what they are buying before they hit confirm.
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
June 07, 2018, 03:15:33 PM
Nothing really we can do about it, people want to create tokens...let them...whether or not it will have any value or not is up to the market.

I think there should be some kind of naming standard or ticker registrar, something to keep someone from buying something they don't want to buy. For example the bitconnect (BCC) vs Bitcoin cash (also BCC) was confusing for a lot of people. GBX (gobyte) has another issue with some gibraltor exchange token (also GBX).

But at the end of the day its up to the investor to do their research.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
June 07, 2018, 10:17:07 AM
As we can see, there are lots of coins that are being offered in the market every single day. Does every single coins that are in the market really usable in our daily lives? According to Bitcoin.com, the enormous number of tokens existing in the market is currently bringing confusion to the investors. For example, they wanted to invest their money in Quarkchain, but bought the Quark instead. Which is a totally different coin. I know that it is probably the fault of the investors for not double checking the coin, but too much coins in the market also plays a big factor.

Are there any solutions about this problem that we, the users in this forum, can do?
Pages:
Jump to: