Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto News Aggregator - page 2. (Read 492 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
November 11, 2019, 09:52:57 AM
Not bad. I like the colors for dark mode better chosen than the ones for light. A resize for the panels could be useful (I prefer to see Monero price and I don't care about Nasdaq and S&P).
Activity: 40
Merit: 3
November 11, 2019, 02:39:10 AM
Are you aggregating news from crypto news sites? If so, they are quite slow and post latest news that have been reported by other main news portals which are already a few hours old. Newsbtc and SeekingAlpha are big examples of such sites. Sometimes they copy news from Cointelegraph or Coindesk.

Also I would like a real time interface, are you looking to sell this? or just develop on this?

I am aggregating news from crypto news sites. Duplicate news is a problem I am running into and am working on a solution to filter out duplicate news articles. At the moment I'm pulling all feeds once an hour. A real time interface would be nice and might be something I'll look into. For the time being, I am looking to develop on this. Also, thank you for the feedback.
November 11, 2019, 02:36:25 AM

Great! I think improvements can be made though regarding news filtering. There's just quite a bit of the same news article on different platforms.

Thanks! I agree and will start working on it. Another person above you also mentioned that I should create an algorithm that removes duplicate news articles. Once I get this to work, I'll be sure to update this thread. Thanks for the feedback.
copper member
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 11, 2019, 02:02:41 AM

Great! I think improvements can be made though regarding news filtering. There's just quite a bit of the same news article on different platforms.
Activity: 994
Merit: 515
Get'em boys
November 11, 2019, 01:45:52 AM
Are you aggregating news from crypto news sites? If so, they are quite slow and post latest news that have been reported by other main news portals which are already a few hours old. Newsbtc and SeekingAlpha are big examples of such sites. Sometimes they copy news from Cointelegraph or Coindesk.

Also I would like a real time interface, are you looking to sell this? or just develop on this?
November 10, 2019, 09:01:16 PM
Good effort, you need to adjust the static interface to look more modern but I have some questions:

- Update data: How is the data updated? Is it automatically? How long?
 - Fake News: Lots of fake news, do you have an algorithm to check it?
 - Repeat news or news is not relevant: Is there an algorithm to do it?
 - Charts: Charts seem static and cannot be adjustable.

The interface could definitely look better. Design isn't my best area lol. I'll see what I can do though to make it look more modern.

-News is pulled once an hour and is updated upon any refresh on page. All cryptocurrency market data is updated every minute. Lastly, stock market overview and bitcoin sentiment is updated once a day.
-I currently do not have an algorithm to check fake news. This is a good idea though and something I'm interested in doing. This may take some time to implement.
-I currently do not have an algorithm to check repeat news. This is another good idea and something I should be able to implement fairly easily.
-I designed the charts to be fairly static, however, I'm open to changing how you can interact with them. In what ways would you like them to be adjustable?

Thank you for the feedback Smiley
November 10, 2019, 08:51:55 PM
These sort of projects are awesome, however, you should use this data on the backend of a different project. This sort of thing has been done before. You should try and implement algorithms that use this data to build helpful graphs or research templates that people could use.

Anywho, I like the project it looks nice Smiley

I'm always looking for new projects relating to the cryptocurrency space. If I can think of an idea that uses this data and would be useful to people, I'll be sure to either add the idea to this current project or create a different one altogether.

Thank you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
November 10, 2019, 01:03:50 PM
Good effort, you need to adjust the static interface to look more modern but I have some questions:

- Update data: How is the data updated? Is it automatically? How long?
 - Fake News: Lots of fake news, do you have an algorithm to check it?
 - Repeat news or news is not relevant: Is there an algorithm to do it?
 - Charts: Charts seem static and cannot be adjustable.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
November 10, 2019, 12:13:45 PM
These sort of projects are awesome, however, you should use this data on the backend of a different project. This sort of thing has been done before. You should try and implement algorithms that use this data to build helpful graphs or research templates that people could use.

Anywho, I like the project it looks nice Smiley
November 10, 2019, 08:01:18 AM
I posted a web application that I created a while back that received some positive feedback. I have since updated to include some of the suggestions. Features now include:

• Cryptocurrency and stock market news aggregator
  • Filter for the aggregated news so you can filter between cryptocurrency and stock market news sources. News sources from reddit can also be filtered.
  • Cryptocurrency and stock market overview
  • Cryptocurrency market table
  • Growth history and all time high data
  • Historical charts with trend lines
  • Bitcoin live ticker
  • Bitcoin sentiment
  • Cryptocurrency and stock search functionality
  • Sentiment voting on individual cryptocurrency pages
  • Dark mode

Data for cryptocurrency is provided by CoinGecko, and data for stock market is provided by yahoo finance and worldtradingdata.
Link: https://www.marketinfo.io
Pages:
Jump to: