Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto regulations still have a chance? - page 2. (Read 955 times)

Activity: 625
Merit: 250
io.ezystayz.com
If regulations finally finds its way into crypto space it will give many people the nerve to invest in crypto, that's all I believe that regulation can do for crypto, as for scammers it's a different problem that regulations can't solve, those who engages in crypto should be responsible for their safety.
Scammers will doubt of scamming people when there is a full regulation.
Most of the scams in the past are coming from ponzi scheme and ICO, so if the market is regulated, ICO has to be registered and with that, it's easy for the authority to track those who commit illegal activities with their ICO, that's what regulation can do, it will not totally eliminate scams but it will help to reduce it.
I agree with you, just control the ICO, I believe this market will be controlled and there will be no more scammer in this market. The current market crash is because ICOs have destroyed and caused a lot of people to lose faith in this market.
ICO is revolutionary in this market, and about three years ago, ICO were considered as the most profitable investment in this market, but after that boom period, the ICO projects got worse. I also lost faith in ICO projects and no longer invested as much as before because I lost a huge amount of money, and until now I still cannot earn. However, if you want to invest, you should choose IEO projects because these are very popular options for investors this year.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
homt.net
There is no way of avoiding scammers . But we can safe our self educating about crypto currency has to have moderate understandign of blockchain and its purpose . There is no free money . If anything announce airdrop or bounty find the purpose read the article . Airdrops and other way of distributing currency  is only the marketing strategy . So if we are following any random mails or messages regarding free money then we will be trapped . Second point is dont be too greedy . Scammers always trigger our greedy mindset .
Activity: 896
Merit: 100
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
If regulations finally finds its way into crypto space it will give many people the nerve to invest in crypto, that's all I believe that regulation can do for crypto, as for scammers it's a different problem that regulations can't solve, those who engages in crypto should be responsible for their safety.
Most of the scams in the past are coming from ponzi scheme and ICO, so if the market is regulated, ICO has to be registered and with that, it's easy for the authority to track those who commit illegal activities with their ICO, that's what regulation can do, it will not totally eliminate scams but it will help to reduce it.
I agree with you, just control the ICO, I believe this market will be controlled and there will be no more scammer in this market. The current market crash is because ICOs have destroyed and caused a lot of people to lose faith in this market.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
Is scammers the main problem in crypto? Well, No. But it's definitely a huge problem for crypto. but that can be prevented easily. Most people get scammed because they lack information on what crypto is. All they care about is earning money and earning it easily. But with just a few minutes of their time to just learn about the basics a huge amount of scams out there will go away or will be avoided. But the problem in crypto that the government still doesn't regulate it or make it "legal" This is the stepping stone the crypto needs to overcome. Which will be accomplished when crypto will make a reputation to itself as "Safe" and "Reliable".
Activity: 210
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Many people belief that the only solution crypto space needed is regulations, what will this solve? The biggest crypto problem is scammers, how can regulations cure this disease? Because regulations can only work on centralized exchanges and projects, what do you think? Drop your thoughts and let's hear you out?

I think there is more to this regulations of a thing than we know. What we should understand is that, almost in every industry, there are scammers who will keep ripping off the industry to enrich themselves of which aside the crypto space, the financial industry is also one of such. In my own opinion, regulations won't likely work because that would be giving out power to the government to start manipulating things the way they want. Scammers are everywhere both in the crypto space and otherwise, and once they have the opportunity they will strike; in the case of the crypto space, the reason why it is good to be careful of projects we invest in, if we can't deal with new projects nor have the strength to research about them prior to investing and/or holding, there are already developed and trusted projects to look into.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
Many people belief that the only solution crypto space needed is regulations, what will this solve? The biggest crypto problem is scammers, how can regulations cure this disease? Because regulations can only work on centralized exchanges and projects, what do you think? Drop your thoughts and let's hear you out?

I am not defending the scammers, scammers will always try to scam, that's their nature and the way they think they always find a way, education is the key, and awareness on how the scammers works, and why the need to regulate, this is not how things should go Satoshi envisioned a decentralized monetary system, not going back to what he and we don't want.
Activity: 537
Bitcoin network, it will keep on working. When people will fully abandon Bitcoin, the network won't go anywhere. As long as people use Bitcoin for payments, donations, or trading, it has its value and this won't change. cryptocurrencies, though few formal rules have actually been introduced. New York became the first state in the U.S. to regulate virtual currency companies through state agency rule making.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
the only problem is how to identify scamer, maybe for now regulation is indeed the best way to overcome scamer.
but we hope that in the future we will find new solutions, because crypto is not decentralized and not centralized.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 518
I agreed to have that regulation if we all benefiting this equally. But somehow it could put into saying that we might be controlled by the government if this will happens and that makes the community have to oppose this thing. Besides, we have already been in the market for more than a decade and there is no such thing (regulation), we build its foundation stronger without the support form the government and that makes no sense to look for regulations rather than to live of what we have now and of what we started.

However, if the government will pursue such a thing and could agree both parties, that seems to be possible. But anyway, people will take the risk if they want to even without seeing any regulations or whatever it is.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
Regulations are for what should we do and don't with this money which also will cover up with the laws if someone get scammed but in reality fiat also regulated and issued by government then why still people lose their money to scammers in different ways.

So the real way to end the scammers is to learn how to identify legitimate and scam offers.

It could have been good if they can be easily identified. The major problem some investors are facing in the crypto space is how to identify good projects. There are r=times that the project you feel is bad or a scam project, ending up well and growing so much after listing on exchnage, then even a project that is believed to be legitimate.
These days, it is more of what you are able to risk, but better not to risk your life savings with it.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
People needs something to lean on and only regulations can get them that, regulations can only solve trust issues that crypto is currently facing, nothing more, most people wants government approval before investing on crypto
There are many negative and positive aspect of regulation, once every country enforces regulation you need to forget about privacy as you cannot have your privacy while moving your coins if it is regulated and then the positive aspect is getting rid of the scams, including exchanges and the token industry which is infected with scams and we need regulation on that.
Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Only those who like been controlled by government will pray for regulations, they want to do things only when the government says they should, the world is full of such people this days and that's the only good thing that regulations can guarantee us, regulations can't deal with scammers 100%
in fact that at least the regulation gives a chance for investors to get their money back. As long as you can create a good report to the regulators about the scam project and the authorities will be tracking it and started to catch the scammers. We have learned a lot from bitclave.
Activity: 496
Merit: 100
Regulating activities in crypto will only solve just a fraction of the problem and the real question is which of the decentralized blockchain networks might prefer them being regulated? I don't think any of them would. The best thing thing that the government can do is to create their own digital currencies and regulate them.
Own currency of government and fiat currency, what is the difference? The government hasn't any interest in its own currency, only wants control whatever it is. We have a huge currency more than we wanted. Regulations of cryptocurrency doesn't work in scam projects. In Binance several IEO were successful but the price dropped. Coin release regulations could work in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Regulations are for what should we do and don't with this money which also will cover up with the laws if someone get scammed but in reality fiat also regulated and issued by government then why still people lose their money to scammers in different ways.

So the real way to end the scammers is to learn how to identify legitimate and scam offers.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
Regulating activities in crypto will only solve just a fraction of the problem and the real question is which of the decentralized blockchain networks might prefer them being regulated? I don't think any of them would. The best thing thing that the government can do is to create their own digital currencies and regulate them.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
I think only regulations can stop cryptocurrency dump because scammers can announce only fake projects. Regulations are needed everywhere in our universe. Some regulations should be fixed from blockchain. If new projects choose this blockchain, they have to follow these rules like they can't increase or release any amount of tokens they want and coin should have maximum supply.

If you think that the government and their rules will save you from being scammed you must be living in a different world.
Regulations aren't needed and won't change much. They will reduce the number of scams but only those who are not cunning and daring enough.
I'm sorry but I will disagree with that, for me, regulation will protect investors from investing in crypto, though it's pretty basic that everyone who are investing must have the knowledge but sometimes there are project that looks deceiving because they look legit, without regulation, they will be very confident with their scam activities.

The regulation will punish those who violate the law, especially the scammers of those, therefore it will reduce the scams as no one would commit a crime and end up to be in jail.

It's not the scammers that are the biggest problem in crypto but the people who grew up thinking due diligence is not important because there's a government official's shoulder to cry on.

With regulation, there will be more businesses going to adopt with crypo and they will be the one to make an initiative to help spread the awareness on  the risk of crypto investing, and that would help people to understand the real status on crypto in terms of its risk. Regulation will help minimize the scams, that's for sure, but it will not eliminate the scams, and we always choose regulation as it would help majority of us.

Are you sure regulations are meant to work like that? What are they suppoosed to protect? Make you not invest? Make you not lose money by choosing the wrong coin?
By all means, disagree with me, but you have not given any serious points to back your opinion.

There are deceiving projects but there's so many legit ones running alongside it. Why do you feel compelled to choose that new one nobody knows nothing about?
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
People needs something to lean on and only regulations can get them that, regulations can only solve trust issues that crypto is currently facing, nothing more, most people wants government approval before investing on crypto
The regulation is not the only way but people must educated themselves to be familiar how to avoid the scam project. Due diligence is much more important than the regulation while we know that crypto is decentralized ecosystem. I think that regulation is not everything.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

Well I'm just going to ignore all the numerous replies this thread has already gotten so I can air my view too. Jugding from what we see in our everyday life, irrespective of all the government body has done to regulated the system the system still experience same difficulties as the cryptocurrency space like identity theft, scamming etc.

That's just to say the problem isn't about regulations but the society in general. Regulation might reduce the rate at which this crimes/scams are been performed but it doesn't eliminate them totally instead with the help of the blockchain through its dApp we can work something out. Instead of fighting for regulations lets workout a solution that'll eliminate the problem totally.
Pages:
Jump to: